Hey there everyone. How's it today? A tad gloomy out there, but still a nice day. I do apologize for the tardiness of my blog. So, this weeks have been wow! Seriously insane, it was. The holy factor kicked in, on tuesday, when my wife reminded me about painting on the long weekend. I realised I had so much to do, just to prep the kitchen. Sanding, mudding, cleaning out shelves and cupboards. Many a long nights, I was ready to paint. Three nights in a row, I was up until three am, just getting stuff done. No kids, no hassles!! We basically ripped apart the entire kitchen, painted or scrubbed absolutely everything, then put everything back together. What a job, but, like journeymen, the missus and I crushed the tasks at hand. Everything worked out very nicely and the kitchen looks awesome. boo ya!
I also used the time to do some serious pondering. Pondering about direction. The path of my decisions, at hand. Sacrafices as investments. Lately, I have felt very, overwhelmed with everything on my mind right now. Kung fu at times has seemed, yeah like a chore. And I did use the lack of physical training as an opportunity, to find the value of my actions, when I am doing them. I did not do any kung fu or exercise for the week. I definatly see the value in just how doing kung fu makes me feel. Not just physically better, but, mentally better as well. I do not feel quite "all there" after this week. A lack of kung fu makes me seemingly un-stable at best. Not looking for trouble, just a chip on the shoulder. I have had no time to place my aggressions, without more sacrifices to my sleep. Normally the punching bag. But with the kitchen stuff in the garage, no room there. I honestly buried everything for a week, under new and old stuff for the kitchen, in the garage. That was an oh man moment. It worked out well. Kung fu and I Ho Chuan was on my mind the entire time. Even without doing the movements, my mind was still on the principles of what I should strive and drive for. I was still very mentally engaged. Where I wanted to go in life. My end result. Where do I wish to be. Make sure of a steady course and ensure a steady vessel to ride it out. This is going to be a long one.
Something else I have recently learnt, is the value of teamwork. The last class of I Ho Chaun, man I was bummed sitting and just watching the dragon. I do wish I was actually doing the dragon, but unless everyone wanted to step and slip and faceplant in phlem and stuff, I wasn't gonna take part. Thanks for covering for me on that one team. With that, being said, I, the teamwork I have learnt through the dragon, I have been able to use those skills at home and work. I need to trust myself enough to work with everyone else as a whole. I believe that, I am not afraid of being inadequate, but its the fear of the greatness in me, that ties me down. Its not what if I don't, it is what if I do well. Then I will always have to do really well. And what if I don't do well again, or I make a mistake and look silly. Like some flash in the pan, not a flame in the pit. That's one of my "isims" kicking in. The what ifs. Well, then. try saying that three times fast! I know its a silly thought, and these ones usually leave as fast as they enter my mind.
Kung fu in Onoway starts tomorrow night and I am looking forward to class again. I really enjoyed myself in Stony Plain. Everyone was so cool to train with and learn from. Lots of fun. The thing I really enjoy about class in Onoway, is the fact that I can train with kids. And mine at that too. Man I love kids. Just wanna push them all down!! ......just kidding. I enjoy training with Sifu Wiebe. He is very peculiar about details. With a smaller class, more one on one, sifu is able to really help us tweak our kung fu. And that is good for business folks.
Well, it is getting late and I am really tired still. The week was great. It really was a wonderful learning experience.
Thanks for you time
Mr.Duncan
I had to smile as I read about your fear of greatness in yourself as I have had those same thoughts. Can the greatness be sustained and will people be expecting greatness all the time? Will I disappoint them and myself. I've been thinking about this and doing lots of reading. As I posted in my blog greatness is in each and everyone of us all the time.
ReplyDeleteI had to smile as I read about your fear of greatness in yourself as I have had those same thoughts. Can the greatness be sustained and will people be expecting greatness all the time? Will I disappoint them and myself. I've been thinking about this and doing lots of reading. As I posted in my blog greatness is in each and everyone of us all the time.
ReplyDelete