Sunday, 25 October 2015

No Longer A Door There

    Hey ya everyone. So, how was your day? I know mine was fantastic. Saturday was intense. The tiger challenge was a great experience. Seeing and watching everyone have a time of their lives. Good stuff. The kids was a lot of fun. Watching the kids laugh and smiling, made the day by itself worthwhile. You know I was kind of worried. For a while it seemed my little girl wasn't going to make it. I watched the door until ten but, alas, no sign of her. Then my division was called upon and then poof there she was. Perfect timing, I thought. What a wonderful day. Getting to preform in front of my daughter. Wicked. And on my birthday on top of it all. What a gift man. Yesterday, for me, truly was a sign that I am going in the right direction. The big guy upstairs, said, "okay, Will, Here is everything you care about. Everything you really desire in life. I will make this come together for you. Just, stay on the path and keep working hard." And so I will. I took the rest of yesterday to celebrate with all my kids. They wanted to go to mcdonalds, which I don't understand why kids like that place so much, but that is where they wanted to go. And to think I near stayed behind at the kwoon and missed a golden egg of opportunities. To be able to sit and watch Sarah and the boys get along so well, is something dreams is made of. Semi trucker, I am a very fortunate fellow. I was honestly surprised at how well, Sarah and Alex especially just clicked. Seemed like love at first sight. And holy Toledo, they look and act alike!
   And I had a blast with Mr.Kirkland. I think that was his name. I have not trained with someone like that since I was in the streets if you know what I mean. I am so used to nice and slow and easy does it. This guy was as intense as I was. Awesome. I hope to spar with him more often. Even while taking a shot to the mouth, I was smiling. It is nice to "have a go with" someone like me. So, sparring was a lot of fun, like always. And I did learn a lot about where my "skills" are so to say. Apparently I drop my left while attacking and do not use my right enough. Okay. I can definatly work on those things.
   I was very, very happy I did as well as I did with stick and kempo forms. Especially stick. I have raised that form from step one. The only outsourcing I did was with sifu on a Saturday afternoon or Friday night. Hey how do you do this? Then I get some homework. The next week repeat, said process. For thirty-three seconds, I got to showcase, what all those hours in can produce. Awesome. I was so excited, well, I still am!!
   I was a little disappointed about my board-breaking, but, I got from great feedback from one of the judges, and boom, broke that last board. Higher he says, its to low for you. Okay thanks sifu, I will remember that tid-bit for next time. And I might have more success if I don't kick Sihing Chevenka's fingers!! Haha. Sorry again dude.
   So, I think that, the tournament was a huge success. I did well with the events I entered, everyone seemed to do awesome. and I got to spend my birthday with my whole family, wonderful friends and everyone in between. But, my favorite part was having my family come together, at the kwoon. That so made my day. I hope there is lots more of that to come. What a better place to rebuild a family then at a place with no judgement and everyone seems to care. It seems, everyone wants the reunion to work as much, if not more than I. What a day. What a life. I do not know how to express all this gratitude I have in my life right now. Except to just tell everyone, how grateful I am. I couldn't have had a better b-day even if I tried.
   So thanks to all for making this such a fantastic day. Could not have done it with out you. So thanks to all, for all your work and dedication.


Humbly yours
Mr.Duncan

1 comment: