Great day to all! Great day indeed. What a weekend and a week for that matter. Where to start? I've been thinking about this blog for a while. I'm not overly fond of being consistently late on my blogs. A lot of reasons I have figured out all lead to a lack of engagement in my own training. I haven't been up with the requirements, but, with that being said, when I asked the family if they would mind if I joined I.H.C. Again there was major backlash. We want our dad we missed you dad, etc,etc. A person, has to have something for themselves. There must be something that each and every person is passionate about. My passion is Kung fu. I love practicing techniques, forms and building some really cool forms. I honestly think about Kung fu all the time. Whether I be techniques, or how to make someone's life, just a little better than before. How can I help those like me. How can I help people like me understand their own insanity? It's a big question but the payoff is huge, when the worlds align. So, then, I figured out, that's it's not a lack of engagement, it's different priorities. I promised, I would keep the family in the for-front and my responsibilities at home to come first. And I have and I am. There are times when I kick the family away and train. Not like last year though. When we have our big family fights, minus the wife, I told myself, only with proper form and techniques. It's a honesty system with myself. If I fall out of from or get sloppy with my techniques, the boys "take me down." And that's a lot of fun. It really puts an level of attention to what I am doing. I do get to do different techniques and movements, and I get to see how well they work, to an extent. Fantastic.
Another huge goal for the family is to become as self-sufficient as we possibly can. I do not like the signs from above for the future of Canada, and the world. So the last while, we have been working towards that aspect in our lives. One major part of this family goal, is to harvest and fill the freezer in the fall time. Well, last year, I did not even shoot my bow once. That's not cool. I simply did not have the time. Too much Kung fu. Some of you might disagree with harvesting animals, but this is my question. When the world implodes, and it's winter what you gonna eat? A $30 bag of gmo lettuce? You can, I'll eat the scrumptious tender loins of a deer or a moose, or my favourite, elk!! And then this weekend hit. We were slaughtering our egg layers. They have reached the end of their laying cycle. In my situation, I only see one use for these birds. Freezer, until we meet again. Now, here's the kicker. I was pondering this as I lay the first bird on the chopping block. Do I absolutely have to kill this bird? Do I have to do this to survive? Yup and away I went. I made peace and spoke to the bird and the creator with every swing. When this world implodes, I will be doing what I can to take care of the family. Probably off to the mountains, and guess what's there. All sorts of food. And when winter hits and nothing is growing, you had better have a plan b.
That brought me to this thought. Kung fu teaches us discipline and a sense of empowerment. And if properly practiced, we are at a sense of oneness with the universe and ourselves. If I honestly believe to the tips of my toes and the tops of my hairs, that I am doing the right thing, or the best I can, then I'm doing the right thing. As long as I'm not sadisticaly hurting people or the animals around me, then I'm moving in the right direction. If I continue to take income tall steps towards goals of self-sufficiency, then we will eventually have our goals in our hands. Land and acres of garden and the animals moving through our yard. Beaut. Just because I like to eat meat doesn't mean I need or want to kill every living thing in my sights. I really enjoy the native approach to nature. Only take what I absolutely need. And even then, I must ask permission and seek the okay of the great creator. It's really a beautiful thing when embraced.
But the question I ask is how does this tie into Kung fu training. Well, I came to Kung fu looking for something fun to do. Done. Then I was told to look at mastery of Kung fu and my life. Okay okay. And here we stand looking looking at ways to eliminate mediocaracy from my life. Buying stuff, from a random slaughter house, is not on my list of things I want to do anymore. That's mediocaracy in my perspective. I do not agree with a lot of their methods. There is some sick stuff out there. So, I hunt. In order to hunt successfully one must become a master at tracking, and calling and patience. Eliminate the grocery store as much as possible. I like the sticker that says, organic, non-gmo. Haha. That's a joke in itself. Here's a gmo free banana. How can you tell? Well, look at this sticker!! Yeah, okay! Truth is, in my eyes, it's all crap. Nothing but lies and propaganda. If you do not have the cohunas, to look that animal in the eyes and take its last breath, then you should not say anything about others hunting. Nor should you be a meat eater. If there is not a very clear view of exactly where your food comes from, do some reaserch. Do lots of reaserch. Become informed and empower yourself to do something about it. I like meat way to much, to give it up. So, this year, I will be going back to what I lose I really love, tracking and hunting. Such a good sport. For me, using a rifle is nothing more than cowardly. Any goof can line up a pin a 400 yards and drop an ungulate. The real art is in the stalking and tracking aspect of hunting. I refuse to hunt with a rifle. I believe that's the empowerment of it. Knowing there is a solution to the problem and leading by example towards the end goal. Whether it be simply training or completely overhauling your live. The the change you wish to see in the world.
Well folks, I hope I stayed on course and I will leave it there for now
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment