Sunday, 11 September 2016

today

   Hey yo!  Sunday is here again.  You know it was really nice to be at class Thursday night.  I blew half my meeting, to see what the team has been doing.  It's hard to see where everyone is at and what everyone is doing, when I'm never around. So, I decided to head in and check it out.  it was a nice reminder about what we are truly trying to obtain in this journey that is I Ho Chuan.  A life of mastery of the art form that is traditional Kempo Kung fu.  Yes, that was the reminder I was looking for.  Especially now, that class has fired back up in onoway, there was a time in class on Wednesday, that was obvious, I haven't been as engaged as I have been or should be.  That's cool, I'll get it all back.  Sifu is looking hard in my direction and its up to me to step up to the plate and show by example what he is asking of us as students.  One things for sure, is that I really missed class over the summer, but the break really was nice.  I did some training, but not as much as I had wanted to do.  But hey, we had a killer summer and spent a lot of time with the family.  That's what is important.  School is back in and so, the mind set changes to work as opposed to play and schedules are becoming far more prevalent in their importance to structure in my life.
   
   Training is coming again. Some days quickly some days slowly. A lot of my training habits come down to mindfulness. What am I doing? Changing my perspective again. Short attention span or something, right. Like a squirrel. But, wait, pause...the mighty Escrimas..oh my sweet girls, I love them.  I have been playing with one at a time a little bit last night. That's always fun. Changing things up for just one of two weapons.  One handed the escrima is really intimate. I find anyways.  The butt end becomes more noticably useful. Changes the dynamics of the game a fair bit.  One of the Sifus in onoway, gave me some feedback on the escrima form and, I'm going to implement it in.  Stopping and taking a breath! Yeah, that's a great idea! That part of my form has been a bit of a stumbling block and now, there is light. At that point I was always speeding up and forgetting about form. Looking more like a movie than Kempo. Yeah! That's fantastic.  Constructive criticism. Speaking of which I got a fair bit of that on this dance I have been working on. Fantastic.  Options and details to think and ponder upon.  Experience shared and details already thought about, now how do I adapt the dance in a forward motion? That's a good direction to be going with in anything.  Like we where told, the map is there, all we got to do is follow it! Absolutely nailed it. Okay. Thanks Sifu

   The signs and lights are in place, just keep my eyes open, and stick to the plan. Letting go of control and letting things be. Follow a plan of success while carving my own path. Sounds difficult, but, really it's not, just being conscious of my actions and thoughts.  That's the tough part. Training my mind to follow the plan. It gets easier with practice, that much I do know for sure.  So with one of my favorite lines "here we go!" The vegetarian diet yeah okay, let's do it. My youngest boy looked at me crosseyed when I said no meat! I laughed and clarified just for me. There's a lot of positives that can come from this and I am curious to see for myself the results. So I'm down for it, and like I says to the wife the decision is mine what I eat, you keep doing what you do best. And that's cook! It would be best to do right now in the fall, so I'm going to start cutting back on meats, not saying I am stopping, but I will start slowing down on the intake. Baby steps here people!

Okay I'm heading out now.
See ya soon.
Mr.Duncan



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment