Sunday, 25 September 2016

Too Sweet

     "Hey yo! Survey time! How many of you came to read some generic blog? (This is where you kind of chear) How many of you came to read some high tempo, arse kicking high flying good stuff?(this is where you really chear.)Well, survey says, that's one more for the good guys!"  And then I flick a toothpick at the crowd. Haha! There is some Scott Hall. You know, Razor Ramon! The "bad guy"! I've been watching a lot of old wrestling from my youth! It's far better then this new wrestling crap that is out there today! And that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold says so! And now, I go into numerous wrestling poses and taunts! Come on let's hear your favorite wrestling catch phrases! Don't be a jabronee! ;)

  Okay, okay, let's get cracking on some Kung fu business (tiger stance)! Haha. I'm in a great mood today.  Things are looking up and routines are getting easier and easier to accomplish. Except I busted up some ribs and have a heck of a time with deep or heavy breaths, which is the majority of my breathing.  I've found the key to staying active with sore ribs. Slow steady breathes. Nothing to quick and take your time with the breath.  Frustrating as it can be, it's a blessing in disguise.  Slow down man. Remember to smell the flowers before, the frost finishes them off! With that, though, I keep training.  Nothing much on the heavy bag this weekend.  That hurts after a bit. Throwing heavy punches on The heavy bag really jars the ribs. So I wonder about my stance, and it's not bad.  Not to mention I have my wife chirping in the back ground, you shouldn't be doing that. What if they are broke and what if something shifts will. Then what? Then you have a punctured lung or something, all because your stubborn.  Stupid voice of reason. Fine, what should I do then? Crickets. And I'm back on the heavy bag. Just slowing down. Haha. But, the Escrimas don't hurt as much. Not that I'm going to admit anyways. I have progress to make. There are goals to be accomplished. Bruised ribs or not, greatness waits for no one. And I plan on being f'n awesome and leaving people awestruck! Yeah wow, I'm kinda feisty today!  That's cool. Will make for an interesting day.

     You know something though, this past month has been really cool.  Training is back on top. I have been working on this one technique to help with fast hands and I recently realized that this technique is sport training.  I've been crushing this for a while now and it's been sport training all along! Ha, imagine that. Ingrained techniques and I didn't even know it! That's cool.  So, the tiger challenge is almost in our laps.  I really enjoy the challenge. Always have.  You get to pit your skills, in a friendly manner with yourself and everyone around you.  Everyone gets to see exactly where in their training they are at that level. A very useful tool. I think anyways, this is the best opportunity to see, how well you know your stuff. No redos, no mulligans, just go in and give it everything you have got.  I'm excited.  Every tournament I have attended, i have learnt lots. And normally I learn the most when I loose or do not do as well, as I thought I would. Lessons in humility and skills. It's a great time for everyone.  I love the challenge at hand. Everyone is at the top of their game, it's up to you to step up to the plate and crush some forms. I, just hope that my own training and stuff, is up to par. And I know I have lots to do yet, so u best get training.  These stupid ribs need to hurry up and heal, or naw, I don't care. I have a goal, and I'm going to achieve it!! Hahaha!

Speaking of things healing, I have had great success with my shoulder.  On Monday night I managed to hit 120 push-ups in a short period of time without hearing the clicking and popping.  Great! That tells me, the small weighted workouts I'm doing with the shoulders are paying off. Took some time, but it's happening. For me, I found strictly doing push ups, was only building strength and condition in one direction.  And I didn't start changing it up until the continuos motion damage was done. My bad.  I guess, for my body, I need to train the whole shoulder not just in and out.  So, I've been doing workouts that involve circular motions in the shoulder, up, down, left, right, in, out and behind. And the results are fantastic! I knew better too. But, that's cool. Another lesson learnt.

   Well, I have some dad skilled-negotiating only to do with the oldest, in regards to him making an allowance. Scavengers! I pay for you and now I gotta pay you!? What the what kinda deal is this!? They are all scavengers! No I'm Kidding!! Hahaha. Its worth atleast a smile! It's all good. Time for him to start learning some life lessons, like these ones! I'll pay for you to clean up the doggie do do, but not to do the dishes!

Okay time to roll out!
See you soon.
Mr.Duncan


 

No comments:

Post a Comment