Hey there everyone. Nope no rants today! I'm in a better place than last week. Day to day week to week, people change. People change from conversation and informing themselves. You can change a viewpoint with a statement. You can make people think twice. That's what happened, with last weeks conversation. You have not immediately change my mind on things Sifu, but, you did get ol' willie thinking twice about a couple of things. Good stuff.
Evolution and growth. Something, I of myself I have placed high up on my priority charts. These last few years, the adult years of my life, I wanted to change and grow. Start living instead on existing. Take life and chi sao with it. Flow and move with it. I fought for many years, stood rigid and tall on my ways, if you might. I saw a better way of life and it asked me to become flexible in my ways of life. Put down the drink and drugs, pick up coffee and books. Look at myself not any one else. Find and draw out those defects of character and work on them. Become the person you were supposed to be all along. Realizing what programs have done for me, I wish to help the still sufferer. Spread the good word to the still lost. Above all, I want to help before it's too late and suicide becomes your only option. Why? "I have been there and it's not that cool of a place. You don't need to go there, if you don't want, but, you can if you want. I just want to show this other way of life. I just want you to see this. Please, open your eyes." My cause, my fight, the people I stand up for are the addicts, the alcoholics, the people lost in a bottle. Because it's my daily fight. It's what keeps me up at night. It's what helps me justify bad behaviour. And, for the sake of the argument, I would push the "pusher man" Those who enable, those who know what they are doing and it's wrong. Pushing an addiction for whatever reason is wrong. If I saw it in the street I would like to believe, I would do what is the right thing.
Where is this coming from? Man I heard this song by Macklemore, Drug Dealer, listen to it, and it brought up thoughts of my young cousin. He had a heck of a time with addictions, and could not find a way out. I really missed him yesterday. He left when I was at my worst. He was the only person I had. The only person who called or talked to me. I was alone. Everyone else barely tolerated me. I fell really far really fast. Lost all control and dreament up all sorts of topics in my mind. But his passing was a blessing in itself. It saved my life. In a sense, he sacrificed himself, to show me, what was going to happen to both of us. I was one of the lucky ones who got the hint and came out on top, so to speak. Taking a long time time, but I'm a far distance of where I was. Now, this week, I'm seeing the same path of my cousin, in another younger fellow, that I hang out with. I want to shake him until he realizes what he can have, if he works for it. Shake him, like you're throwing away all these opportunities man. What the what??
But, I need to stop and look through his eyes and see, his life in his shoes. Then, once I see how he ticks can I learn how to reach him. I just learnt that. Yeah! Progress. One step each day in the direction of my unltimate goals, and I will get there.
I will wrap up on this thought. Last night on the heavy bag, I'm reviewing my day and I had this thought. With my arguments and thoughts on addictions and alcoholism, how do I differ from, other groups that stand for change? Whoa! Stopped in my tracks. That's a humbling thought.....
Thanks
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment