Sunday, 27 November 2016

what a day

Hello internet! Why it's a fine day indeed. This house is whipped I tell you what. We took our youngest to a live wrestling event in the north end last night, for his birthday.  I was telling him that we were going to a pizza factory last night and he's like, I don't want to go. Ohh, that's too bad buddy, get in the car. It will be fun, trust me.  We bought the tickets a few weeks ago, and got the meet and greet with Cody Rhodes! Don't know him eh? That's cool. He's a former wwe competitor and as talented as he is, his character, just did not take off. So, they let him go and he's back wrestling rec centres and school gyms. Wow, what a line up, it was last night. All the big names for the PWA were there preforming.  Six hundred people rammed into this small little rec Center.  Unfortuanatly, the noise was too much for the youngest, and we needed to leave early.  It looks like he has a ear infection and noise makes those things worse. So, he was a huge trooper and he tried so hard to stay and watch but, he couldn't do it.  I honestly didn't know it was hurting that badly. I felt terrible. He was in my lap, with my hands cupped over his ears. And I'm like, man, should we go little dude. And then the tears started. Yes please daddy, I want to go home, he says through tears. Okay. And we missed the main event. Cody Rhodes vs MRB. I was disappointed, but, it doesn't matter. My boys come first and I explained to the oldest, that we stick together. We are a family and if one of us falls down, we all stop and help each other up.  Then he was cool with it. He tried his earnest to get his little bro smiling again and I complimented him a lot for stepping up and being the bigger man. I mean we did get to meet cody Rhodes, and get our picture with him.  So, whatever, we can watch his matches on YouTube. It's good enough. Next time, I'm bringing our shooting ear muffs for the youngest.  My ears were popping too. The roof exploded numerous times and even I was like ouch. And I'm deaf. Haha.
    So, I have been working real hard in quitting smoking. Sifu Brinker and I sat down and he asked me to do something. Look at my smoking through his eyes. Then I can watch from an outsiders perspective, just what I am doing myself.  That was a mind twist.  I took the challenge and am floating around six to eight smokes a day. That's a far cry from twenty five a day, less than a week ago. It's been a really rough week, and yesterday proved to be terrible for me. I finally asked for help.  I could not keep myself calm and collected. Demos don't really bother me. I really don't mind doing Kung fu in front of strangers.  I just go and give the best that I got and let things fall into place. It helped my grandma was there, by fluke. But, still I was unable to calm down, my breathing was erratic and my mind was gone. I remember this one fool, looking at us. Nothing bad, just checking us out, and I wanted to smash his teeth in.  That's when I'm like, okay, help please. And Sifu Brinker again, gave me some tips and hints. He helped get me smiling again.  Boy will you kinda picked a bad day to quit smoking! I don't know when it is ever a good day. Off to the airplane movie! "Surly, you can fly this plane? Yes, but don't call me Shirley again!"  Got my mind off things and I started to calm down.  Right on.  The rest of the day was a struggle, but, I stayed fairly mentally strong and didn't fall into the depression that comes with quitting.  And I was at wrestling. How could you want to smoke at an awesome event like that.  These guys are inspiring to me.  The things the do, with such ease causes admiration in my eyes.  I love how they push and push and they are whipped out taking huge falls and hits and, they keep getting up.  Their stamina is something I'm jealous of. And I want it.  I will get it, I just gotta remember one day at a time.  One moment at a time. And I too can have what they have.
    So, I will continue pressing hard on my smoking.  It really helps when your partner at work is rooting for you too. This guy has had my back more times than I can count, and it's really really swell.  The thing that gets me, is he has never given up on me. Even when I'm at my worst and I want to kill, he gets me smiling and laughing, usually by making fun of me!  Haha.  It's okay, because I'm cool with making fun of myself and so is he! The escrimas did better than I thought, but there is defenatly room for improvement.  No problem, it's time I start talking life seriously again and really push for my goals.  I am shooting for the end of the month to be an ex-smoker. Just imagaine the possibilities then.  Mix the determination and skill set with an ability to breath! Look out. I think, I can accomplish this much, while a smoker, just think what I WILL do as a non-smoker. Oooohhhhh snap! Look out mofos, this is going to be great.

Only, one day at a time
Well until next time folks,
See you here same bat-channel, same bat-time next week!
Whooo
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment