Well, it is Sunday again. The family is gone to make some perogies and I get to chill in silence! That is a great thing. I do enjoy me some quiet time! Leaves me wondering what to do today. Well, let's do some Kung fu, get some forms in. I'm going to try my hand a baking, next, after I write this blog. I'm thinking chocolate chip cookies. Heck yeah! This will be interesting. Considering these recipes, people use phrases like work the dough, not for chocolate chip cookies, but other recipes. What the heck is that? So, I ask the wife. She laughs, oh you're serious?! You need to kneed the dough. Oh okay, use a word I really don't understand. You mean I should put the cat in the dough? What the what is wrong with you people? Okay, it's not that bad, but, I'm calling my mom or asking the wife, what do I do now? Haha. It is a good challenge. Learning to bake stuff. I wanted to make my kinda cookies but, I can't take that stuff to work. So, normal cookies it is.
On the Kung fu side of things, training with my fellows is a lot of fun. I've been working a lot still with Sihing on his five techniques. We started with his knife defence and in a short period of time, we had a good technique, turned into a awesome technique. Rep after rep after rep, with a lot of conversation and being aware of what he is doing and him being aware of what I am doing. How my body is reacting, how the locks are working. What is he doing? What happens when he does this instead of that. It's a great tool for both of us. For myself, I get to see how, technique development is done at a higher level, and in turn it gives me a greater insight as to the movements of our lineage if you might. Staying close and true to what we have been taught, kempo style Kung fu, he can build a technique that stays close to home and for him highly efficient. The personalization of his techniques of kempo Kung fu we have been taught. It's cool to see.
On a deeper sense with working with a partner, you know at first, no matter how much you like this person, there is still that little bit of mental resistance to just giving someone you arm and saying here, use this to drive me into the ground. That's right lock up my arm and drive me into the ground. Ensure your knee digs that soft spot and really destroy all of it. One slip up or brain fart, and my arm is over. So, over time you developed a mutual respect and trust between each other where you, the stabber or the gun wielded, are willing to go faster and harder, once the technique itself has been pounded out. Once the speed and technique have been sorted out, the. You have "fun" with it. And the realism of it all is brought into play. For myself, that is where the fun of it all comes in. As some of you may have noticed, I like wrestling. Not that Olympic stuff. Oh no, I like the wwe. Body slams and elbow drops! Whooooo! There in that world, it is all about "selling the move" its easy, even as on outsider with no training to see, if some one is selling the showing or just there. The real successful guys can sell ice cubes to Eskimos, and you see it in their actions and movements. So, no, we don't have to build a show like they do, but we still need to sell snow cones to an Eskimo, if you might. That's the real fun part. The timing of it all, the cry of pain and the smashing into the ground. The twitch of the legs when the throat chop comes down. Sell that stuff man! Sell it!! But, like I mentioned, it's all about trusting each other and listening to your partner. I need faith that he's not going to rip my foot off, and he needs faith that I'm not going to do something silly, like over resist, or saying no it doesn't hurt when you can feel your tendons being torn apart. Haha. Great times!!
Lately, I have been focusing on the curriculum more than anything. I have paid attention to the candidates this year and have watched them train. It's awesome to see how much they are training. Only training around them once a week, its really cool watching them. And I said to myself, "Will, if we want our black belt, maybe I can learn from what these guys do. And maybe, I can save myself some stress and anxiety." So, I have learnt from just watching what these three strong willed individuals have been doing and I have started taking steps to implement a black belt mentality into my green belt training now. And I hope to continue to build these regiments of training, now, so I don't get too overwhelmed when I do start into the black belt year. And geeze, it's not that far away. It truly isn't. One maybe two years away. And then I start the push for my black belt. Okay, let's stick to the plan at hand and we can hopefully get a jump on one or two items before they hit me in the face. With that being said, I have heard, you know to focus on the task at hand as well, do t get caught looking into the future or you will never get there, but, train for your blue belt, like it's a black belt. Ensure I have the curriculum of belts before me, understood and pounded out while working on the next belt level. Constant progress while keeping everything else up to par. Keep the basics tight and everything else will fall into place. I'm really looking forward to the next little while, of continued practice of the coloured belts in once accomplished and progress towards the mighty blue belt. Soon you will be mine blue belt. Soon.
Well, I best get baking.
Have a great day
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment