Oh Hi there. How you doing? Very good thanks. Well, here's another one of my ramblings.
I have been working hard on Da Mu Hsing lately. I feel I'm making progress. I have sent out a few videos to a few Sifus to have a hard look at. There is still a fair bit of work, but, not as much as there was last week! Centering and solidifying those stances.
I really enjoy Kung Fu. It truly brings me happiness. Doing the techniques and shadow boxing around my spot here, makes for a good time. There are times when I want to turn on the jets and just throw punches and kicks. you know, you get into a good training groove and you really want to push things a bit more. Yes, I do that sometimes, but I focus on the technique of it, and I'm forcing myself to throw methodical and structured punches. Sifu had pointed out my skeleton was unaligned, and so, I have been focusing on that part. Get the stance, then the action. keep stances clean and crisp. I am really enjoying the simple things in kung fu.
The consistency in my training is really starting to make a swooping comeback. I am proud of my progress lately. Its easy here in Grande Prairie, where I just have to worry about me. coming up on days off and going home, chilling with the family, could be another thing. I mean, I'm pretty beat tired too. This has been a long stretch. Really it just seems long because its the first real hitch of the year. They always get easier. The plan is, is this guy right here is going to nap. Probably with my dog on the couch, oh theres no probably, that's going to happen. He will be belly up, head on my face, slowly pushing me off the couch. And I actually, probably wont nap. To actually see my beaut of a family....in real life. Ha, like who is this guy! Stranger Danger!! I am thankful for the facetime and other magical stuff these devices do. It does make it easier when the kids can "see" you as opposed just hearing their voices. It, you know, it takes some of the edge away.
I plan on coming into class Thursday night. So, that will be nice. I am quite excited to be in class again. Da Hu Hsing'ing it up. Bust out the old stick! Haven't done too much with it yet, I left my stick at home, and like I say, This stick is mine! There are many like it, but this one is mine! Hahaha Good old Full Metal Jacket. Classic movie. just fantastic. So, I have some catch up to do, but, I am re-birthing my stick form, from way back when. I feel, this is going to be a lot of fun.
So, it appears I am going to ramble on, which is an amazing song, so Ill just pass it on to the next person.
Thanks for your time.
Have a great night.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment