Sunday, 12 April 2020

A Good Day

Good day indeed! Well, that was another week in the books. I got most of my devices working on the online stuff. I tried to sign on with my iPad, but, that’s a no go for some reason. I don’t know! Anyhow, got the phone working, so, that’s a solid start. I must say, I think setting all this stuff up was easier than I thought it was gonna be.  Sifu Ryback has posts, that makes online real straight forward on the SRKF website. Thanks for that Sifu. It still took me a bit, but I got it! Real spot on there!
 I’m gonna pause here and just look back just for a quick moment. It’s real funny ya know, kung Fu is about circular patterns, and stay with me. I’ve left SRKF and come right back in a full circle. And I honestly think, I joined SRKF in Onoway, just as Sifu Ryback was transitioning to the Stony Plain Kwoon on a more full time basis. I know it was one, but maybe only two weeks under her directly at that time. Summer time two years ago, just getting back into classes, I was learning from Sifu Ryback in the morning classes. Hmm full circle. I believe for around a month before I got shipped out of town. And now here, I’m full swing in the online material, and who is teaching what I really really want to learn, Stick I & II....Sifu Ryback. Another full circle and Sifu Ryback is leading my way again. I remember these notable moments in my training, because, from the beginning, her lessons and teachings have stuck with me. I have very visible memories of learning from Sifu, I could draw the picture on paper. So, with that, I wanted to say thank you Sifu Ryback, for always being there, for my training, but more importantly, thanks for being you. You may believe it’s just you doing you, and it may be, to me, youre efforts mean a lot. You’re amazingly spot on.

I don’t mean to take away from anyone else at all, I’m just saying, when I grow up, I hope to be as dedicated as Sifu Ryback.

Okay, so, off with the sentimental stuff and onto today. Kung Fu, yeah it’s doing great homies. Man, garage is good, just gotta tweak the video part. Got the room to do Da Mu Hsing all at once. I have a chin up bar hanging in the middle of everything and so I’m learning fast the stick stays close to me. It hurts ratteling the bar full tilt with the stick. Haha. Slow learner. Anyways. I got some video training in the other day with my main man, Sifu Chervenka, and man I gotta stop zig zagging and bobbing and weaving. My quadrants are terrible. As in, I’m not letting the harmonies work, I’m muscling and forcing everything, still. I’m not breathing and concentrating. I’m holding my breath, and I’m stomping. So, perfect, great place to start. At the beginning, again. No, it’s good. I’m very glad that was pointed out and explained. I get complacent and things get, good enough, for now. And, that’s a poisonous point of view. I think any how. Gives a ton of room for complacencies and not caring a chance to really grow and flourish.

So, like Sifu Brinker was saying in class, I gotta go back and work on those basic items. Sinking, compressing, that one, I understand, but, I can’t quite apply yet. Or maybe it’s right over my Head? I think I got it, I just gotta get it. But the basics, staying strong in my stance. Feeling the earth under my feet. Feeling the connections in my skeleton. There was more, but, it probably went whoosh like a jet plane for me.

This is good. Kung Fu is good. The people here are good. Classes are good. Life’s good.

Talk at ya later fellow kung Fu ninjas!
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
















No comments:

Post a Comment