Sunday, 19 April 2020

blog

Hiiii there. What’s up? What are you doing? Why aren’t you training? Haha! No seriously, why not? That’s the thought that rips through my mind when I wake up. Why aren’t you doing this stuff will? “Oh man, I just opened my eyes!” And I do. It’s simply, I got nothing going on and my minds like, let’s go do stuff!!! Let’s go push weights around. Let’s godo hand forms. You’re still kinda stumbling on those same spots. That stick was okay last night, but, we can do way better. We have a heavy bag to put holes in and Da Mu Hsing to perfect. Stick isn’t gonna get polished drinking coffee! So, yeah, I’ve been busy. Maybe not as busy as I want to be training, but, I’m holding a lot of hats right now. Which it’s good. Like so many other parents out there, now, I’m a teacher! Haha. Oh man, I just suspended all two of  the kids in my class. They can sit in their rooms until this is over.....haha. Nah, I’m just kidding. Kids are smart tho, man they are quick. Schools so much cooler this time around. This is way better than adulting!

So yeah, there’s that, and well here’s this. Kung fu, keeps on getting better and better, man I’ll tell you what. Got some kudos, on my hand form earlier this week, and it was great to hear. Like, Im hoping I’m getting better, but, as our own worse critics, it’s still real not great like, but from an outsiders point of view, who when saw my first crack at kung Fu forms a few months ago, to today, there’s been great improvement and I’m moving much better than before. Of course there’s more to be done, but that’s fine. Bring it on. Do the zig zag and the bob and weave, no, that’s not what I’m supposed to do. Haha. No sweat, we have a strong school with some strong black belts. I’ll get it like I got stick. Keep pushing on.

So, I have some of these other goals, like I’ve always wanted to give someone a exploder suplex! It’s my favorite! Killer(Karrian) Kross has one of the nicest, cleanest exploder duplexes in the business right now. Seriously, YouTube Killer Kross right now, I’ll wait........Nope seriously, go watch......fine I’ll find a link. Just bear with me, this might take a few minutes.....https://youtu.be/GIYudc3H5I8  so his exploder is closer to the end of the video. It’s only like 3minutes long. And it’s Killer Kross!! I mean, why wouldn’t you watch it??

But, for me to get there, I need to build that pyramid of strength. This isn’t a goal I’m gonna crush this week or next week, yes, the exploder suplex is th final destination, but that’s not simply why I push weights. I like being strong. And simply, keeping my physical strength high is a confidence boost for me. I would have been unable to do any of my previous jobs without pure raw power. Not that I’m hulk hogan or anything, I just love being able to pick that up. That’s a fact! Truly though, it is  only a small part of my training regime. Kung fu has instilled technique before anything else. I focus on technique more than the weight. I will do higher reps with less weight, so the control and technique is there. How is that muscle working? How does itstretch and pull apart?  It’s not about speed or power, it’s technique I want. It’s nice clean fluid movements that I’m after. Not heavy reps, I want technique. Everything else will come. I know this to be very true. I used to do an honest 415 deadlift for numerous reps at close to the same build.....today, I’m very happy with 205 for two reps. Yes, I just set that new personal record. Very happy indeed. Can’t you tell? Both weights and Kung fu go hand in hand for me.

So, to put things simply, I may not have heavy amounts of reps, I may not have huge numbers, but, I’m very confident to say, my techniques are clean and getting cleaner by rep. Let’s get real, here. There are moments in time where, that heavy bag man. And there’s times when, when nothing kinda matters for a bit and that heavy bag man. And during those said times, everything goes out the window and that heavy bag man. You know those times, when you tunnel vision and all you can see....all you want to see is that heavy bag man. And then, personally I let Willy out and that heavy bag man. Sometimes, I’m not sure how long I go there. When the rush is over and the mind comes back and it’s not so foggy any more, I have to be careful to ask, where am I and what am I doing? I seriously stop myself and ask, is this better than before? All I ask of myself is for incremental growth. Even if it’s simply half of a percent better than yesterday, it’s a success, but is that good enough? slow down and get those stances man. And let’s be honest, I, like you, know when you’re flailing and not in a stance. Like I’ve been told so many times, get into a solid stance, be absolutely positive that’s exactly where the skeleton needs to be, and then move on. I should video myself and watch for short comings in stance and movements so I can start correcting the muscle memory in those places.

So, anyhow, if any of that made sense, I hope you take something outta that. Kinda sporadic.....but yeah, that’s kinda what I do! Finally, I hope I kept it clean. I see my errors and I’ll continue to work on that, as it is a goal, to clean up my language. I apologize for that. Thanks for the lesson Sifu. Spot on!m

In any event, I’m out
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan




No comments:

Post a Comment