Hey everybody! So I got a text from a good buds of mine....hey man where are you? Well, sorry for the missing in action, and well, to be honest, Thursday morning I picked up my 20lb sledge and motivated my back step into becoming part of a driveway! Yeah! Recycling! Smashed it into nice driveway stuff. Man I messed up that back step. There was concrete chunks flying everywhere! It’s was awesome. Humming a tune to myself and breaking things! I’m really good at that!
Then I figured, why stop there, and tore up my deck! Pulled the 4x4 posts and all. It was rotting out on me. I do plan on using some of the good wood to build the skeleton on the new deck. Well, shucks I figured, if I’m going to go through with rebuilding a deck, I bloody well do it right. Better fix the grade of the land so it’s running away from the house! No problem! I got a hand packer and a rolling drum for compacting! Great times! Well, I figured, been wanting to take off the bottom piece of siding and do an inspection for a while. That’s done and what better way to clean that mess up with some blue skin waterproofing.
I figured the deck I would like to build and bamo, took some finagling, but I figured out a good way to do the foundations without to much expense. And I live on a swamp, so, there’s only so far a guys willing to guy for a deck. It’s gonna be solid like solid man. Once I laid out the deck I could dig down and build good foundations and place a sidewalk block and a 4x4 support in there. Had to dig almost a foot in a few spots, but, I got the desired compaction and height. Took some time but I nailed it. Ah and get this, I have the metal roller for compacting and I dug my base hole big enough I thought I could use it, nopers, not like I hoped. Just made a mess. Had to pack it all by hand with a ten inch steel plate....one thump at a time....thumpity thump thump. My hands are sore.
Anyhow. I’m pleased with myself and the task I’ve completed so far. There was not a lot of physical Kung fu done. Like forms and such, I’ll be straight only a small hand full since Thursday. I’ve been pushing hard to get this done though. This deck has become my obsession! It must be accomplished before madness ensues once more. Hahaha! It sounds kinda reaching but, I’m always thinking about Kung fu and going through my forms in my mind while I smash the ground some more. Or when I’m obligated to destroy the 3’x4’x6ish” thick slab of step by supper, because I challenged myself. I said if this isn’t done, I’m not eating. It’s was mid afternoon I guess. Then the swings had some more swing to ‘em. Honestly, the smile I had driving that beautiful dance partner of a 20lb hickory sledge was ear to ear. You can keep your plastic handle thingy. Those are for kids.....I’ll get back into the heavy of things of training again. Just gotta finish this deck. Almost there. And the lumber is coming tmrw!! Bam hardware deliveries rock!! This is a guys dream come true! Lumber, screws and I don’t have to leave the house! It just shows up on my driveway. Ha! Fantastic! I’ll buy that for a dollar!
Anyhow. Sleep time is ticking away and this cat has a date with a deck!
Peace to the out.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment