Sunday, 18 October 2020

Today is a new start.

 Hey there. Yeah another blog is almost as many days. I gotta stick to the plan. I blog Sunday’s, not the other days. It’s the little things in the next few weeks that will make the difference.  

 I have today left in my days of smoking. Yes TODAY is the last day. I originally wanted to wait until my bday, but this plan is working great. Start the work week off strong and smoke free. I really haven’t been smoking a lot and I feel confident about this decision. Man do I hate smoking! This taste. This smell. Stupid little sticks of death. Seriously, if a cigarette was a person I’d Hulk-smash their face into a wall... Amazing how something I can literally crush into nothing in my hand, I’ve given so much of my life to. An infant can do that. But yet, I allowed it to have control over me. I let the cigarettes decide my health and future. From today on, No dwelling just stepping!

To be honest I was at my folks the other day and my dad is a life time smoker, listening to him gasp and weeze and not able to finish his sentences without taking a gulp of air...oh good...look at what I get to look forward to...crying in the rain. I have very consciously looked at the disgusting side of smoking. I’ve forced myself to contemplate what will happen to me. Real conversations with myself. Is this what I want in life? Is this my legacy? Is this what I want for myself? I’ve already proved I can’t hit the requirements in Kung fu as a smoker....

Oh fire engines no! My past will not define my destiny. I will not be taken down by this. Maybe the long terms effects, but, not today! I’ll fight like heck to get through this. And truly, from everyone I’ve talked with that has quit, it’s simply a decision. A real good friend of mine is like, “dude, make a decision and run with it. Make up your mind. Decide, Will, if this is how you want to die...”

No it’s not! I’ve punched my way outta much worse situations! I’ve gotten away from the heavy drugs, I’ve curb stomped booze, this is the last fight. Friends I’m in the ring with a 19 year old Mike Tyson, he’s busting my ribs, can’t breath, getting dark but guess what? Hold up change up I’m not Trevor Berbick! It’s me Willy D! It’s not the second round. It’s my round. Ha I’m so excited teammates! I can’t wait to show everyone how I can breath! I don’t even know what’s it’s like. We’re gonna learn so much! I can’t wait to not only keep up in class, but start to excel in my personal performance! I can’t wait to be able to take a lung full of O2! I can’t wait! 

Show my boys there’s nothing stopping you from achieving what you want, it’s just gonna take work. Could make you wanna cry, maybe want to have a meltdown, maybe even make you want to quit trying! Maybe, it’s up to the individual to destroy their demons and address their shortcomings! That’s right boys your success rests squarely on your shoulders, no one else’s. it’s not up to your teachers to make you succeed, it’s all on you. We are just here to try and guide and encourage and show a path that isn’t full of treachery. Let me show you a path that won’t kill you and your soul boys!  You don’t have to see it, just please believe in a easier way. Hard work, commitment, and never quit on yourself! 

If only I could hear my own advice sometimes.... well....time to lead by example. Done enough talking about it

See you soon team

Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment