Hey hey hey! It’s Sunday funday!! Boy, I had a good week. A real good week. Started kinda blah and slow, but, I got a text outta the blue out from a solid cat that always hangs out in my corner! Just wanting to see how I am! Huh?!? That’s cool. I have had some health issues if you may. Found out it was nothing serious, but, I was worried, thankfully it’s a whole bunch of nothing to be worried about! Whew!!!
This past little bit has been a serious test. A test in a just about every aspect of my life. From being tested with kids, to family to random strangers. I do believe I’ve done fairly well. There’s a few conversations I wish that didn’t explode in my face, but, such is life. Maybe one day, when honesty is a real thing, we can build a relationship. Living in lies and refusing to listen to the other side makes for a very trying relationship. I haven’t given up. I won’t give up!
One thing I want to talk about was Thursday’s class. Intention was brought up and an uneasiness of striking our training partners. The conversation got me thinking again. If I train to pull punches and to limit myself during my training, when real life happens all I’m going to have is practiced pulled punches. In my opinion, I will not have the muscle memory in a fight situation to place proper strikes and take control of a situation. When we train with our partners, no no we don’t blast and injure each other. No we don’t train to see who is better. We train with respect! We train to learn. I don’t want to hurt you, but I do want to know this technique! Therefore a sense of realism has to come out. So, I feel anyhow, when a level of comfort is achieved by both training partners, intensity with control has to go up. Otherwise, you’re left training at half speed and realistically you will only ever achieve maybe half of your complete awesomeness. As we master these techniques we should be able to step up intensity with little to no fear of hurting our training partner. That’s why we train the same moves over and over.
I was worried about flow in some of my techniques. Especially the knife hand sweep, followed by the punch and dragon whip kick! It just kinda felt weird. I mean, I feel like the body is moving off on an angle in the form and not straight forward. So, after asking for help, things look decent, everything looks okay, just keep practicing. So, I have and, I found, maybe I’m off, but, I found that the sweeping knife hand and following punch almost have flow off of centrelines! So, sure I’m striking an opponent in front of me, but, the flow of that knife hand forces myself and my opponent off to one side. That punch simply follows suit in your direction! I wanted to know more, to the heavy bag. After some time of knife hand punch, knife hand punch, I believe I found that meaning.
Let’s looks at force vectors and intention for a second. Stay with me!! Let’s put realism here. You want my stuff! I warn you no too, but, You have your guards up approaching me to take my stuff. Sink in and send that knife hand out there. Whatever direction I take your guards with that opening knife hand IS the direction my vector is going. Your vector is coming straight at me. Simple physics states, two colliding vectors will combine into one and send both energies into a new direction, in our case off on an angle, towards and away from me. The dragons whip, follows our center. It chases that punch. It goes where our shoulders and hips point. SO, therefore, if I apply this technique properly, if taken in the rotation of the earth versus the moon and compared that to the sun and crushed the math on the meteor coming towards us, I have to be moving or attacking on a angle, otherwise I choke my own techniques off and my training is for nothing.
Well, I sure hope that makes sense! It made mud clear for me!
“Kung fu gives my punches a purpose. In order to maintain my purpose, I have to learn my intentions behind that punch. Leaning about my intentions teaches me about my motives for throwing that punch. My motives teaches me who I am for the day!”
I do have a question for the team! It’s a very very serious question! Take it serious or Mr.Thursday Night might have to come out and see ya... HALLOWEEN!!!!
What are your plans? What is your family doing? I have been celebrating Halloween for a few weeks now! The house isn’t decked out or anything yet! I’m just going out dressed as my favourite. The OG of thrilling and killing, the true Boogeyman, the Silent Stabber Mr.Halloween himself the one the only Mr.Mike Myers!
Yes I have been going out dressed as Mike Myers! Hey, dogs gotta get walked and played with! Seriously, once august ends it’s Halloween season. If we can have six months of Xmas, we can have two months of Halloween. Haha. But the looks and reactions I’ve gotten!! Just fantastic. I legit had this old boy pull his car over on Main Street just to give me dirty looks!! Haha. Most people laugh and wave after crossing the street...I just do the slow turn and stare!! I’ll stand in my front yard wearing my mask staring at traffic coming into town...people slow down alright! Get the wave or honk and I stare!! Hahahaha. Oh goodness I love having fun. I told you, I’m different. Oh hahah. Check this out. I have a spot for the mask in the kitchen, so when it’s dark outside and you come into the kitchen, the reflection of Myers is in the window looking down at you...scares the kids every time!!!! Hahaha. Oh I’m going to pay for this down the line!!!! I have a plan for my kids. I got this fog machine and strobe light that my boys like setting up in the back yard okay! And the trampoline is set up in the back corner of the yard...it’s dark no light behind the trampoline. I have all black gear.
I train for these moments in life.......
Hahahaha!!!
Okay have a great day everyone! I’ll see you soon
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment