Well howdy do there!! Another Sunday is here for our enjoyment. Hey!! The old Sunday morning pancakes!! Family loves it!!
Anyhow, wow, do I have something for you guys!! Finally my hip is feeling better!! Three days straight of no pains in the am!! Finally sleeping through the night without the pain wake ups!! Awesome! Kicks?!? Oh yeah getting there! Getting stronger and stronger!! The flexibility, the rotations, the extensions, oh boy, it’s coming back fast and furious!! I’ve had to abandon the old game plan, for now, and do some serious mods to what I was accomplishing and getting done in a day!!
I have kept rolling with the training, obviously, not as hard as I wanted to, but progress has been made!! And this week boy, I’d love to hit every single milestone I can, but I’d hate to reinsure myself! So, caution still must be used.
It’s good though! In all seriousness, I have learnt to slow down and just be! I have learnt I don’t always have to be doing stuff.....hold on, some poison crap music just hit the radio.
Any which way teamies, that dragon technique!! Hey!! What you think of that!! Man, I love that jazz! I’ve kept rolling heavy on the dragon and, outside of the weird way I move now, I’m getting things sorted! I don’t want to get all hung up on applications and real life uses! I’m trying hard to stay true to the form aspect and just flow with the dragon. And honestly, after a bunch of reps, and things start clicking, oh my does it feel great!! Soon the stances will “be back”
The part I’m really starting to enjoy is, tearing this form apart and trying to understand the motions. I feel there is more hidden in this form than I can understand at this point in my training, which in turn motivates me to continue sorting this tech out!! For me, this form is very empowering and honestly, when I block out the pain and do the technique as best as I can, I feel like a beast afterwards! I truly let my mind go and just let the dragon take over! The interceptions and hidden strike in there! So much in there! Absorbing, interception, break move forward!! Oh my. It’s like Christmas for me!!
I’ve been virtually attending classes, pushing to stay engaged and pushing to keep learning! Honestly, I wish I’d of done better Thursday night in IHC class, but, I did what I did. I mean no ones judging, but myself, and I know injuries, and I know don’t be so hard on myself, still though, I should have done better! That’s okay! I found a pain limit on Thursday night and wanted to push through, not super hard, but hard enough to have my hip wanna give out on me...it was okay, but I’ll do better! I wasn’t impressed with the effort I gave.
It’s hard to slow down, when you see people in class and everyone’s pushing and training and everyone produces some really cool stuff, and I feel crappy about this injury as it is and fueled by not being able to kick or my stances are garbage, so I’m not feeling sorry for myself, just saying. Motivating more than anything else.
I yearn to do better. I yearn to be an example of progress and taking steps into being a better person.
Kung Fu eh!! What a thing. Once my doctor found out that I train in the martial arts, he was very happy with me! Once he found out I train exclusively with SRKF his attitude and outlook of my injuries changed. Like he’s of taken care of me no matter, but once he found out I’m a student with SRKF, boy, the suggestions and ways to heal started flowing much faster. I did tell him, a lack of training is starting to hurt mentally, so, we had the talk about how long this could take and what I could be looking at down the road! More pain!!
Hahaha. But, he did say, this is no reason to not train, just figure out different ways to train! He had nothing but great things to say about our master sifu!! Motivates me more to do right by SRKF! My doc was so happy I’ve found a sense of belonging with Silent River Kung Fu....
”It’s been a long time to find belonging hey will?!?”
“ Yeah doc, and I can’t loose this man, this would cripple me mentally! This already sucks big time!”
“ Don’t sweat it will, we will fix you up! A few weeks and you’ll be good to go! Gotta respect the process!”
The only part I am never fond of is the prescriptions! He’s never forced a pill or anything, but, he’s a doctor and has to explore and explain options. That’s literally his job! I try hard to not knock pills, but come on dudes! I get it, you want to help me out, and you feel these pills may help. Giving me free painkillers/mind altering is like exactly giving a recovered addict, active drugs and saying be careful.... haha. Oh because that never blew up in my face before!! Hahaha! It’s usually an awkward talk, but I don’t care! I argue very heavy that in no way, shape or fashion will I ever put a pill in me!! Not unless it’s ultimately going to save my physical body, like my head will explode without it! Maybe, physically in so much pain you can’t move, sure, okay they do have a place! Just not for me! We always have the chat! I don’t mind either! He always has wonderful arguments! I usually find I’m being stubborn, and so, I took the cream instead pills?!? I don’t know?!? Compromise I guess!
Besides I wasn’t looking to get rid of the pain! I was looking for a plan to move forward! That’s what I want! Is it serious? What’s gone wrong? How to repair? That’s it! I can handle the pain! That’s just letting me know I’m hitting the limits for the day! Move safely beyond and rest! Limitations are moving away quickly, but, because I feel I’m payin attention! There’s a difference between a safe burn and a ripping point! Trust me I’ve found it a few times!! I got the details and I’ve put together the plan! Time to keep moving!
More importantly remembering some days are better than others! There’s no bad days, just moments! And that’s on me too! And that’s okay!
Oh shucks one more thing! What’s the best Kung Fu vegetable?
๐๐
......Brocco Lee....
๐๐
Thanks for your time!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment