Sunday, 29 March 2015

Success

    Good morning people. Another fine day today. Boy I have been able to string together a bunch of fantastic days in a row. That is a good feeling I tell you what. I have been reading on all sorts of topics this last while. One topic I have been indulging in is Buddhism. I am trying to integrate the teachings of the Buddha the best I can. One thing that has been puzzling me is suffering. From what I have gathered, suffering is an all inclusive term. One that describes the negative feelings and emotions an individual can go through. For myself, I feel that suffering is any thing, person or place that takes you away from being in the here and now. The moment. Trying to live in the past, full of regrets and ambitions that never became realised, that is suffering. Or constantly hanging with people who will bring you down, is living in suffering.  Or maybe working a job that you really dislike, is suffering.  Well that is what I have gathered from my small amount of research. I am hooked and sold on the Buddhist idea, and now, I must train my mind to start not just grasping these teachings, but to completely give myself to these teachings. as best as I can.
    I managed to kick my little funk last week. I was surprised at how long that feeling stuck around. Usually I can kick those feelings in a day or two, but for some reason, I could not. I am glad that I decided to ask for help and talk to someone about what is going on in my life. Usually conversations like that are reserved for the worst of situations. But, lately I am finding that I need the support of my peers, friends, and family far more than before. Life has thrown a couple of curve balls at me and I have had to rely on friends a lot in the past few days. It seems, that I Ho Chaun as a program constantly humbles me. Each time I start getting too cocky, boom, brought back to reality. I Ho Chaun is forcing my way out of my comfort zone. I like to learn new things with the stick, but I need help. So I have to stop look around, see who isn't busy at that moment. Then I need to work up the courage to ask for help. There are times that arrogance gets in the way and I think I can figure it out, only to tie my arms and feet up in a move.
     I tell you what though. I am truly excited for this stick form. I only have ever learnt the school forms and here I am trying to put together a form of my own, with a weapon that I have not really done much with before. Figuring out each move, thinking out every step and strike. Trying to place the opponents in my mind, taking what I would do in a fight and transferring that knowledge against myself if you might. Then thinking out, how would I defend against that.  I have really tried to focus on the realism of this form. I think it is working well. This form truly feels like someone else has shown it to me and I am simply learning how to do so. Weird I know. I do believe that there is nothing else that I should put into this from. I asked about doing a roll or two at the end of the form, but, I am not sure. That is a lot of foot work to do. So for now, it stays out of the from, until, I figure this out more.
   Well thanks for your time and have a fantastic day.
    Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment