Well howdy-ho there people in internet land. What's cracking? How's the weekend going? Good? Good! So the question was asked, what has I Ho Chuan done for you this year? And then blog about it. Okay dokay. This year has been a great year in a lot of different terms. Even though, my training really took a hit. I learnt a fair bit about myself, especially in the beginning of the year. My little mental breakdown, showed me lessons in slowing down a finding balance. Very much am I an extremist. I'm all in or nothing at all. I'm glad I learnt that. Now, I can work on ways to find and stay balanced. I knew this about me, but never was in a position to have to do something about it. I.H.C. forced that fact about me, out and into the open. Doing something like I Ho Chuan, the key for myself, the greatest tool I have, is balance. Balancing life and Kung fu training. With balance comes other life lessons. Finding balance in your activities forces you to look at what you value and enjoy. You of course, will want to put more time in things you value over things you do not do. So, there where bad habits I had, that I don't do anymore, because I could not justify doing them, because I could not find the value in it. Therefore freeing up time to do the things I do enjoy, like training. To be able to train at the level, we are asked, you must become creative with your training. Trying to throw out some reps and such when ever, where ever possible.
With that came very valuable lessons, for me to learn. I got to a point where, I lost the value of a lot of my training. I was just doing things for the sake of doing things. And that was bothering me. I lost the value of forms and the essence of push ups and sit ups. The discipline it brings. I started falling back into old habits and routines. I buggered up my shoulders by not listening to my body. I stared ignoring what was going on inside my demented mind, and routines fell apart. I was in all over the place mode. What Thursday is it, do I hit a meeting or do I hit up class? Not even sure what I needed to do anymore. I really hit a low and turned off the lines of communication and pendulumed into thoughts and actions of old me. I lost the essence of what I had enrolled in. I knew better.
Today, now that I've removed head from arse and started training like I actually mean it. Training is much better. Kung fu has more of a deeper meaning for myself today, all because I, once again, value it's teachings. There was a great blog written just the other day by mr.sollinger, that put a lot into words for me. That was the best blog I've read in a long time. It really hit home on how I have re-approached training. When I took time in the spring and summer, I really thought about what I value in my life. And Kung fu is one of the top values I have. I have goals in Kung fu that will happen. So, of course my perspective changes do doing the best that I can over the amount that I can do. And wait, what's that? Is that balance I hear rapping at my gate again? Oh it is! Imagine that!! And what comes with balance? Slowing down and breathing! Holy crap. The very essence of what I am trying to learn. To stay calm, when challenged in life. Isn't that the very basics of Kung fu? Staying calm. Man, back, full circle, to the basics.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, this year, I Ho Chuan, gave me lessons not only in Kung fu, but also in life. If I wish to have this life, there is a balance that needs to be found and routines to be followed. Like we have been told, the path is ours for the taking. We just need to put one foot in front of the other every day, and all of a sudden you have taken 1000 steps towards your goals. I must keep what I value and my disciplines out in the for front each day, and I will achieve my goals. Each day do something that leads me to my goals. Push ups, sit ups, hand forms and do the best damn ones you can do. And why not? Because your lazy? Shoot no. Mean it, man, own that form, own that technique. Really and properly throw that combination.
Oh, what's this? Breaking news from the Smash Down League's headquarters. Tonight only there will be a special one on one falls count anywhere match, for the Living Room Heavyweight Title. Between none other than, the amazingly handsome Big Bad Dad. And his opponent will be the one, the only Goliath killer, the dad assassin, Alex "The Ssssttttuuuuuddddd!!!!" This one will be one for the ages folks. BBD is in for the fight of his career. The stud, promises to finish BBD off for good tonight! "Im gonna take his knees then hit him with a 5 starred stud stunner" Alex the Stud, promised in an interview earlier today! In response, BBD promised to introduce Stud to the rug via, the Dad-driver!
Well, I figure that's all for now folks
Train on, eh!!
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment