Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Holler

  Okay today is the day we write blogs. lets keep this short and sweet shall we.  Open training was a really good time.  I received a lot of hints and tips on kempo.  While Sifu was going over certain parts of kempo that need work, theory and more of a realistic application conversation came about.  Man, I love times like that.  Kempo, as a form, has taken a complete one eighty.  Last year this time I was done with kempo.  This year, I am having a lot of fun with it still.  I'm learning a lot more about the form, this year I think is the big difference.  Last year I was after numbers, this year I'm after, understanding the form, I suppose. I'm not sure how to put it.  But, that way will do.  It's coming along strongly.  These lots of work to be had, but, when isn't there?
   Escrimas are doing well.  We were playing last night;) and there was a lot of breakeage of limbs!  I mean I was striking against the heavy bag with them. Thats something I like to do a lot of; striking actual things instead of whooshing in the winds.  It's nice to see results like pushing a heavy bag around with the sticks of death.  The escrimas are like, even medicated I'm not safe to come and play. Hey.  Runs on the lawn, what's going on? Scream shout and laugh smell that fueel, chopping that heavy bag in half. Stab, slash and hack like some crazed lumberjack. Ahh! It's a tear in my eye kinda feeling! Ya know!? Something you get just really excited for. Thats the feeling I get when I have the mighty escrimas in my hand. Elbow drop!
   Tournament is right around the corner and boy I'm excited. This is the youngest first tournament and he's jacked.  He has no idea, but he doesn't care. He wants to compete. Good luck little man, you'll do great! He shows me his animal stances at home. He's all proud of himself.  Yeah, high five that little dude.
   Ever since the conversation of the veggie challenge, back then, as a family, we have taken, *the dog just farted. Holy mother that's a terrible taste*. So, yeah, we have taken fairly drastic changes to what we eat. It's been a fantastic thing too. You can do so much with food! Whoa! My missus makes these energy balls, with all sorts of nuts and other good stuff like that and rolls them into balls, into the fridge and boom. Granola bar and fruit bites replacements.  Next we lost any sugary cereal, yes even capt crunch!! Last year we cut pop and chips to special occasions only. We just don't buy stuff like that anymore. Saturday night rolls about and I'm wanting snacks. We have a lot of potatoes just sitting in this bin waiting to be eaten! French fries. Home made. Shoot, that was easy, I said to myself. This weekend, potatoes chips. Yeah baby, yeah!  I gotta say, the missus has gone journeyman and literally filled half our cupboards with canning. And you know, about eighty percent of it came from the back yard. A little garden 7.5m by 4.5m can feed us for the fair majority of the winter.  And then I imagine....what could I do with an acre.... Possibilities are endless. So to sum up the challenge, no, I haven't cut out meat, entirely, but red meat is a near thing of the past. Chicken and fish are still thriving. And when that supply runs dry, well, who knows what will happen.

Anyways, I'm gonna let you go. Tomorrow is a bright new day.
See ya
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment