Hey there all! Sunday funday. Today my oldest boy did his cubs swear in today. He enjoyed that. I. Happy I was there to see him smile. He wasn't sure what was going on, but, him and his buddies were getting bandanas! Sweet!! The little things in life. Glad I was there to share that with him.
This week, I don't know, not much happened. Starting work and getting up at some redonculous hour in the mornings. I think the worst part is having some many varying start times. Hard to get a schedule going. But, I'm told it's for a good reason, so, so be it.
My youngest boy, is in Kung fu now. And two more kids about his age joined. It's great. He gets all amped up go to Kung fu and, on his own, he's off practicing. He really wants to do well. He tells my wife that he wants to practice and do well, so he can "take down dad" !! What a kid!! His nature of smash first, then smash more than maybe ask a question, comes straight from me. Love it. He constantly pushes my buttons. He knows exactly how to get a reaction and he has that "look" down to a T. And defiant! Man, that's a head against a brick wall time. Some days I just smile at him and I remind myself more than him that I love him. You know the days a guy just wants to put his kid in a closet and accident,y have the chair jam against the door and go for a walk? You know, those days. Hahha. Could you imagine? Haha. I would get whipped like a mule.
Training with him is surprisingly easy. He really wants to do well, and he tries hard. Good stuff. Training with anyone around, especially a young one, I find, I need to be aware of everything in my training. Stance, rotation, intention. Again, I slow down, and reminding myself to be grounded and try to flow with the movements. Going slower, I have time to go though the checklist of movements and achieve technique. You never know when those little eyes are watching and learning. It's a challenge with me. One moment kids aren't in the room and I let go flurry of colourful and descriptive expressions and then the kids are in the room behind me, with looks of wonder and thoughtfulness. And I'm like fire truck... I must admit, that I do love a child's tenacity. I love how, some kids almost expect the best out of themselves and really push hard to do better. He wants to do better in kindergarten so he whips out his books and does it. With no push from either of us. He will do phonics books for literally hours if you let him. I cut him off at half an hour. Like, that's enough of that edumoncating stuff boy!! No, no, I let him go for hours, I hope he enjoys himself.
Having kids, for me, is like having two life paths at once. I'm a firm believer that yes, I'm dad, and you do have to listen to me, but, you are still your own little being. They can make all their own decision, but, I still decide, what a bad one or not. You see, I am merely a fortunate enough person to have the opportunity to have little people in my home. I am their guide, life is our teacher. I am their rock, when a lesson is at hand. We always grow and learn together.
So if it's Kung fu or if it's life, I'm reminded again That's there's always room for improvement.
See you soon.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment