Hi everybody! How's it going eh? Well, I'm doing great. Fabulously fantastic I am! I'm still floored that I was named Grand Champion of my division. Man, that's surreal. Again, it was one of those I'm not sure of what I'm doing things. Had to get my boys, threw out some best wishes and good lucks high fives and peaced out. Later Sihing, is like, hey good job today on your championship! I was confused. I'm the what? I said to him. Oh wow, that's fantastic. I do wish that I was there to hoist that s.o.b. Throw out some poses and start talking smack! Drop a duplex through the judges table and drop the Dad's elbow! Haha! But, alas, I was not. That's cool. Next year, I will have to shoot for it again. Truly, grand champ was not on my mind. I took it out of my mind and approached the tournament with the just go have fun and do the best you can thought process. After, I botched my escrimas, I shook off the "seriousness" and just wanted to have fun. I ran through my escrimas form a few times Friday night. Felt great about it, and completely forgot like two thirds of the form. I was told I hid it well, until I shook my head out of confusion, right at the end. Haha!! Next year. I did well in the sparring. A couple of really close matches. Kudos to the fellow sparrers, I had some really great matches.
I do want to say, my proudest moment during the tournament was watching my youngest boy and the other two youngsters from onoway. Those three kids, made me so proud. The three of them came, had a blast and did really well. Between the three of them they accumulated eleven medals! I was like wow! That's incredible. You guys are awesome. Immediately after they were done, I stole them to get some pictures to send to Sifu. I secretly wanted to hold onto that moment in time as well. I think it was there I realized something, that changed my outlook for the day. These little kids had no clue on what they were doing, they were there to just straight up have fun. And that's what they did. They were like, we got these metal things. Oh, those are called medal. These are so cool! Yeah look at all the colours I got Mr.D! Why yes that's a real nice collection you have there. I'm proud of you! And the endless smiles were everywhere!!
And again, I'm going to go here. Children are my inspiration. Children are the hope and pleasure I hold onto. I love kids so much. As long as they have fun and do their best, that's all I care about. As long as you try your hardest, no one can say nothing about your efforts! I know I won't. Just do your best, then do a little bit better. I was really proud of young Mr.Fodor. His sparring has been okay, for a young man. We worked a lot with him to help him keep his guards up and to breath. He gets really excited like I used to and you loose focus and get frustrated and that turns to anger. Then you might as well as just lay down for the three count, because it's over at that point. I see it in his eyes. So, we worked hard on breathing through the match. Nice clean punches, in and out quick. He forgot some of his lessons, but, took some great strides in composure. That was the best I've ever seen him do. He keeps this up, I'm in big trouble soon.
All in all, I had a great tournament, watched some really awesome hand and weapon forms. Mrs.B, had an awesome broadsword form. Ohh, that was smooth, and Mrs.T's kempo is Tony the Tiger great.
I'm just going to wrap up in saying this, one more time. Thank you to all the judges, volunteers and compedators. You guys made my day amazing. And thank you Sifu Brinker, for hosting the tournament and giving us all the opportunity to compete in such a manner. You guys really made my day. Thank you
I will see you guys soon, like Saturday
Thanks for your time.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment