Great morning to all. Good old thanksgiving has come and gone for us. Today is our Sunday funday. This weeks training took a dive Wednesday. I got some fricken flu, and that put me in the sidelines for a few days. But, I keep pressing on. Like I have said there are goals to achieve. The ribs are feeling okay. Did some work with Sihing on Saturday with his five techniques and one of them involves knee into ribs. Hard. And I'm like, oh sweet mother, I love this so much. The Sifu who was working with us, was demonstrating how to properly place and grind that knee. Ouch. That's okay though. Gotta push through. Not just for me, but for Sihing. He has asked for help and I will help no problem. Just have to be cautious with the ribs. Still tender. But, that is a communication issue, on my end. Doesn't help when my youngest boots me in the ribs while fighting for the Living Room Heavyweight Championship Title. Yeah, Big Bad Dad lost the fight and I'm no longer number one contender for the title. That's cool. I'll have to battle the oldest boy for contender placement again. Haha. I love it. One thing that sifu really wanted to emphasize was selling the techniques. Gotta sell it. Okay, I will tap into the pro wrestling and really focus on selling his strikes. Yeah, okay, this is going to be a fair amounts of fun. I only wonder though, how will Sihing sell an elbow drop through a table? Or maybe I should pull out the wrestling tights? Am I taking this too far? Probably, but, I like to have fun with everything and if I can be serious and make progress, but still get a smile or laugh out of someone, goals achieved. I do look forward to continue working with Sihing on his techniques, and making it as realistic as we can, without, taking to an extreme level. You know journeyman stuff!!
Overall, training has been great. Asking lots of questions, doing a fair amount of reaserch with the escrimas. I found this video of a fellow, explaining a few things on what he thinks is critical about escrimas. I really enjoyed his theories. I've heard them before. One stick is a shield, the other is a weapon. Sure I have two sticks in my hands, but, ones a shield and ones a weapon. Keep that in mind and truly the dynamics of the escrimas have greatly changed again. So, continued work with different theories and ideas of the escrimas, and, the evolution of my knowledge of the escrimas will of course become greater as well. And like I have said, I love my escrimas. They are fantastic. I love smashing people with them. And, i try hard to ask different questions and talk about different theories during open training, with sifu. And right there, you know, there is this huge fountain of knowledge, when it comes to anything Kung fu related, especially weapons during open training. You just have to ask questions and the answers will come. Just have to pay attention.
Today, I have to admit, I'm fairly volatile. This morning I found concrete evidence, someone has been messing with my new car. Now, I will admit, I pulled a dummy and left my doors unlocked and someone got in opened all my windows ransacked it for cash, or whatever, and where kind enough to leave the car open to the elements last night. Awesome snow and ice and water all over my interior. There's a whole bunch of words and expressions that I can not use, because I might offend someone. So, I asked the question to myself, one, how can you be so dumb to leave the doors open when there are drug houses all around us and drunks and addicts wandering the alleys? Your dumb will! Smarten up. And second, how can I solve this? Cops aren't going to do anything about it. So, I will. Hehehahahoho! What I'm going to do, is set up a trail cam and set it up so, when motion is detected, I get an email, and boom, my phone will notify me, and then, oh boy oh boy, I get to express my discontent with these cowards in person, face to face. This is like the I don't know how many times I've noticed my vehicles have been messed with. I do not care if they are kids looking to mess with someone else's or adults looking for easy cash. I am not one to be trifled with and I am one who will not take it to the cops. I will deal with it on my own accord. With certain things, like hunting, I am very patient. I'm very methidical. These mofos, have no idea who they are messing with. Are there dangers and things that can happen? Absolutely there are. I do not care. Just because you are broke does not give you the right to purposely wreck other people's things. Actions like this tell me you have no respect for others and their belongings, which means to me, the law of mutual respect means nothing to you. Which in turn, allows me the ability to express to these people what will and will not be tolerated. Will I be any better than them by breaking their arms, nope. I am fully aware of this. I gaurentee, when I finish with someone who has threatened myself and my family and my stuff, they will not do something like this again. Ever. They will remember this lesson for the rest of their miserable lives!
So in any event, I have a few things to do, to prep for the upcoming week of slavery.
See you soon
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment