Monday, 26 December 2016

Calm, like a tornado

    Good day to all. What's cracking? Enjoying your Christmas gifts and family? Let's hope so. I know I am.  Well, let's kick this quick, I've got more family to hang with. Never ending.
    So, Long has been very rewarding. I'm really getting into it.  I've got the motions and essence of this form, but, now I'm working on stances and intentions. This far in the form, I've been doing it with eyes shut.  Concentrating on getting the body to remember what's the next step. Muscle memory. Now, I need to break the stances into high gear. Time to make this form really work for me.  
  Man, I'm loving the disappearing into Kung fu.  That has really served me. Especially with all the stress that comes with Christmas time.  I have a hard time calming down some days. Some days I would like to fire up chuck and get swinging, but, I really want to curb this temper of mine.  There are days I just cannot slow down and breath. Smoking doesn't help, but that's beyond the point right now.  You know the feeling. You start getting mad, the mind becomes confused and cloudy. Actions don't make sense and then the verbal diarrhea comes out.  There are a few tools I have to help combat my temper. But the one thing that truly helps, Kung fu. I don't need to be physically practicing it, even just thinking about it helps ground me.  If I'm really agitated, talking to someone about Kung fu. Describing the motions, tearing into what it means for me. Explaining how Kung fu has served me, instantly takes me out of my head and into service if you might.  There's my passion though. Kung fu is my passion and I have goals short and long term that revolve around Kung fu. So revisiting these goals and what not, really helps take me back to what I am doing this for. 
   One thing I have been looking at and working towards is a safe place for children to hang and play and express themselves with out fear of ridicule and hovering parents.  There are so many variables involved here. It's a lot more than just renting a hall for an hour a week. Man alive, things like pedophiles, insurance, what ifs, like what happens if a younger child needs help in the washroom? What happens if someone says something silly, like I was inappropriate with a child. One thing I will fight you for is the safety a loving place for children. No not coddled, but supportive.  So looking at doing this on a larger scale, is, well, kinda scary. But, it is the way of the world today. I'm not giving up on this, but, further reaserch is needed.  More conversations with people who work with children. I  know a social worker, and next time we meet, I will be talking about more details of this topic.  My end goal with this is something like this.  A place for kids to go, from ages of 6-16, to go and hang out. Introduce ways with these kids to positively express themselves. Through artwork, poetry, writing and positive actions.  I would like to grab one of the older kids and teach them the ways of a positive role model for some of the younger ones. Or something along those lines. It's still very much a paper dream. This is something that might just have to wait until I am a black belt. More for legal and reputable reasons.  But, that's cool. Right now though, I can reach out to some kids. There are a few kids that come and hang out on Wednesday nights. And there is this little girl, who's like, Will are you gonna draw with me? And I don't even have my work boots off. Okay kido, please give me a moment. And then we draw and colour. I ask that she's draws whatever she likes, as long as she does the best that she possibly can. And you know what? He artwork has flourished. I make sure she knows that too. There are things at her home, that, really aren't that positive. I grew up in a home that was a lot like her's. So I can really sympathize with her. I remember this one day, boy she was saucy. So I said to her, kido, I can not draw with out my secret power. Do you know what that is? It's your smile. So if you can give me a great big smile, then I can totally draw all night long. So she hides her face and pretends that she not smiling. And then we coloured. I never forget to tell her, that she means something to me. That she is an awesome kid. And she is very unique and has the potential to rule the world! Man I love kids. Best thing ever.
   Anyhow, there are people walking up my font stop, and I'm still in pjs. 
Gotta go folks.
See you soon
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment