hey there everyone. You like what I did there? The "long" of it?! Haha. I'm so funny. Well, that's what I've been focusing on lately. Long I & II. I had long I down to a t. Then I started to work out long II and somehow managed to get the two terribly confused. That's okay though. Steady progress and I think I've almost got it licked now. Now I just need to stay slow and steady. Stances, and intention. Bring that dragon out and smash this outta the park. The turning point I believe, for the form, was simply changing my perception of it. Dragons breath, dragons intent, dragons energy. I don't know about you guys, but from what reaserch I've completed on the dragon, they don't move unless they want to. And they don't waste their energy. Very peculiar very precise movement. So if you are making a dragon move, then you best be on your allstar game. Like all of our animals, they move with distinct purpose and intent, nor do they waste energy. The dragon, in particular, is such a powerful entity, that he doesn't have to move if he doesn't want to. Why would you when your only equal is the Phoenix? They control the rivers, the winds. They command the earth and bow down to only the imperial emperor. Kinda sounds like Darth Vader. My kinda guy. When they do move, from how I understand and depending on what dragon it is in particular, they move to a rhythm of un-heard music. Rather that this music is almost incomprehensible by the human ear. But, through meditation and concentration, you too can hear this music. It is in our lineage. It is what we do. It is Kempo Kung Fu.
I had a crazy bit of an experience with this form, and that was getting lost in it and, hearing the Kung fu. Feeling the Kung fu. Something almost magical. You can feel it, you can hear it, you can see it with your mind, but you can not physically touch this magic. You, touch it, with your movements. And, well, its best explained, if you check it out. Whatever form you are working on. Try this. When you feel confident in your form, close your eyes and just let your body move. Feel, the Kung fu come through you. Be aware of your body, but do not pay much attention to it. Be aware you are stepping and blocking, but do not force it. Be aware of the chi running through your veins. But do not pay attention to it. Allow Kung fu to do its job, and maybe you will see the Kung fu in your minds. It's the same concept as Tai-Chi. For me, when I disappear into Kung fu, it's almost like streaks of light moving where your limbs are. With each movement a vibration in the molecules around you is created, thus creating a humming noise. This humming noise, depending on how deep into you are, creates music. For me it is a slight humming, but, with purpose. And when this is done with flow and intention, the music comes forth. I believe that's out six harmonies working.
I'm no master martial artist, nor do I get this wonderful experience each and every time. But, I do look forward to and cherish this time spent with Kung fu. When, I do get to this place in the universe, I feel invincible. But I also feel peace. It feels like I could take on an Mack truck and come out unscathed, but I would rather step out of the way, ya know?
I try to hold onto that same place when I take to the heavy bags. It's harder here to get there, wherever there is. More to concentrate on, especially with a heavy bag bouncing around. This area has some what eluded me, more than other areas of training the mind and body to work together without thinking about it. I just get excited when I start hitting things. Still working on not letting unthoughtful actions take over, but more thoughtful reactions. Been a long journey, but, well worth it. And to be quite honest, pushing on Long has really helped get back to a place of calmness. First, I was thinking and processing, now, I'm trying to be Long. If this works like results have already shown, I will apply this to each and every form I've ever learnt! That's exciting just thinking about it.
Effortless effort being the end goal.
"No longer do I practice Long, but, rather, I practice being Long"
See you soon
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment