Saturday, 31 December 2016

last day

Hey there everyone what's happening? Man I just finished this toy wrestling ring for my boys. Built it outta ripped 2x4's and other materials I had kicking about the house. It turned out nicely. This ring I managed to keep under the 40lb mark! Awesome. Usually when I build stuff, it's built to survive a tank, but I toned it down for the kids. You know so they can carry it and move it on their own. It turned out really awesome. I could have really easily bought a toy ring to play with, but let's face it. These are my boys and they destroy plastic. For about twice the price, to build this thing, it will last years upon years. If something breaks, it's really easy to pull apart and fix. this is the first toy I've built outta wood, and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking towards more challenges like this.
   Brings me here.  So work isn't looking to promising, so, I've been looking at ways to make an income if the bottom falls out from under me. And I've been told, that, if you finish your job, that's pretty well it. There is little to nothing happening in the Ironworkers world. There's more on the non-union side of things, but I will not de-evolve to work for a scab company. I would and I will find work elsewhere than spit in my union brothers faces, and work scab. Ho knows, maybe building toys is my thing? It is a lot of fun, so who knows. I would like to step away from a career that is so hard on the body, but, if I have to shovel turds, then so be it. That's what I will do.
    The family will pull through. This is nothing more than a blip on the big picture. Dreams and desires, take a strong second place and survival comes first. I know what to do to survive, and it's simply a matter of doing it.  This Christmas break was a fantastic break that I needed. Get away from people. Put the phone and the tablet and the computer away and I really got back to the family.  More than usual. I have submersed myself in the kids and wife and I as worried as I am, but we will come out better than before. We always do! Why? Because that's what we do. We command and conquer. That should be our family motto. Show up, take over and Run the place and leave, like journeyman.
   In the mean time Kung fu has been great times.  Long and I are best buddies. Kempo is in there too, but more like that third wheel at this point. I keep up with kempo, but not as heartfelt as Long. I haven't been doing as much as I should have been this break, looking back, but that's cool. The form has kept its composure with me, and I with it.  And I can not get over, just how far I have come with the internal side of Long.  It's awesome! I love when I disappear into the Kung fu, how, everything in your mind, just simply flows into your body. Hands and feet become vectors of colours and sound, and it's so simple. It feels like the human body doesn't even exist.  Honestly it feels like I'm floating when I go there. Into the Kung fu void, if you will. And to think I used to have to use illegal drugs to get there, now, I use the Kung fu drug. The drug of breathing and using your internal harmonies if you might. I don't know how else to describe this feeling or this place. It, I don't know....it feels like a place of meditation, all calm and serene. It's usually bright, depending on my mood, but always a feeling of completeness. There is this specific smell, that I experienced years ago in this really intense hallucinogen that I used to use a lot of. And I thought I caught a whiff of it, while training. It surprised me threw me for a loop, because this drug takes you on a very much out of body experience. And certain sounds and smells comes with this place, that you visit. I called it the other side. It's where I met the grim reaper and learnt to not fear death! That's where the reaper on my right arm came from. Haha. Sounds crazy, and maybe it is, but it's an experience that's makes me "me". But, anyways, these smells I've held onto for years and I think I caught a whiff of it the other night. Oh I was excited. I got there to that place, again, but on my own. Crazy, man, I never thought I'd see the day that I could get to that place without the use of narcotics.  Awesome! That my friends is progress. I've been chewing on the smell for years and almost gave up on finding it again. Such a magical smell. The smell of calm. If calmness had a smell, this is the scent I search for, while in meditation. I know that smell anywhere. And it is not anywhere, it's right there! If that makes sense to you. If not, I'll see ya soon

Anyhow, that's enough rambling on for now
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment