Happy real wet Monday! Boy, that’s a pile of rain. Not sure about spruce and Stoney, but I have to pull out my yard pump and get rid of the Duncan Lake that shows up whenever it rains like this. In any event, it’s all good. I love the rain and the new smells it brings and how the rain just cleans up the winter mess, and, man, my favorite part of spring everything is gonna pop. Neon green, bright green, dark green, flowers of all colours and smells again. Mmmmm I love spring. This is honestly my favorite time of the year. Hands down, flat out, spring time baby!
And with spring comes our garden. I have the garden cold weather crops planted, and we have planted some flowers and such. I watched my dog chase this bumble bee the size of my thumb. I tried to explain what bees do for us to Tucker, and he just looked at me funny....I do t think he understands the bees purpose! And the real only down fall to spring, is, we keep flowers and suck in the garage as well as the back room in my little house. And there is now, very little room to train in my garage with all these flowers and plants in here. That’s cool, I anticipated this and have been working on sections of my forms in the garage and saving the whole form for out on my sweet deck, or the lawn when it dries...again. As for training in the house, dude, have you seen inside my wee house? Haha. There’s room, more for stance training and simpler hand motions! I’ve kicked my wood tv stand one too many times, to say, kicks are a great idea in the house.
Anywho, back to what matters here, training. Didn’t get in the numbers I wanted, but I’ve got some good growth this week. I believe I have slowed myself down enough, to be very confident in my motions. I am very much enjoying these forms I’ve picked. Starting to disappear again, into the forms when I train. Starting to not hear what’s going on around me. And that’s good. I’ve been pushing to disappear into the void, if you might. I miss not being able to tap into that as efficiently as I used too. That’s cool. Progression not perfection. I’ll worry about getting there, when I get there. I, honestly shouldn’t put so much emphasis in going to the void as just letting it happen. Weightlifting is still going strong, Kung fu is coming strong. I’m starting to become very proud of myself again.
The subtle thing Kung fu training gives me. The confidence in my sections are coming back, I don’t second guess myself so much, as I know I have a solid plan. I know I have a solid plan because it worked for me before........whoa, hold that thought.....sorry, my yard pump was sucking air. Had to shut that thing down. Yeah, 40min first thing in the am, to get this water moving. Sidetracked, squirrel!! Like I was saying. Kung fu has always been such a beaut for me. I’ve learnt so much about my body and mind in these last few months, I can’t say enough about Kung fu. I have always held Kung fu and my teachers extremely high in my life. No, I haven’t always practiced or been around, but, I, honestly, always tried to keep in contact with Sifu Brinker, if nothing else.
One thing I have to do, to really boost myself, is, I have got to stop living in the past with regards to my training. I tell my training partner, yeah, it’s no big deal, it’ll come back, but, inside, I’m screaming at myself for letting those techniques slip away. Last week, I didn’t really call anyone and I just kinda stuck to myself. And I got into my head about where my training is versus, where it “could” be. I believe I used the phrase, where I should have been, if I didn’t quit on myself a few years ago. Sure, there where others circumstances, but, still, I stopped. I’m not beating myself up today, just saying, I was really disappointed in myself last week. Too much time to think. So, instead of pouting and being a wiener, I started pushing harder. Train will train!!
I have a wall of saying and notes, and thoughts written on paper and pinned to a wall in my garage. I wrote these things when I was last in I.H.C. It’s kinda funny, the more powerful thought I have was tucked under other notes. There are two notes I wrote that I used to always look at and read, I put away. In any event, it’s back pinned up front and center. One is a mixture of thoughts of Frankenstein from Mary Shellys Frankenstein book.
“......There something at work in my soul.....that I do not understand.....love and rage that should never escape....if I am not satisfied with one, I will indulge in the other....”
To be honest, I kinda stole that from my man Vampiro. He did a clip a quick little promo video for Lucia Underground. I’ve always loved Frankenstein, he’s my favourite and I have always admired Vampiro, and it was an amazing promo! Gives me chills when I watch it. Yes I watch old wrestling promos! Yes, I watch vintage matches from the 70’s. Yes, I am a huge wrestling nerd. Embrace it. You’ll soon see. You thought the title belt was something......hahahaha. You’ll see!!
The second is Leonard Da Vinci “To be haunted by your mistakes is fate far worse than death”
This phrase, I used to live hard and it gosh darn near killed me. Straight up. Those who know my past, you know how hard I used to live this phrase...dark days! Both are powerful for me. Both have me summed up me and my life fairly well. Both mean so much to my training. And just my life and how I carry myself.
Anyhow, I think I’m rambling on now, and my swamp lake is back in near full force, so, I’m going for a swim....
See ya on the flip side
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment