Hey there you bunch of rats you! Sooooo, I’m back and set up in gp. First day of shift down. That’s always fun. Works good enough. I’m hitting work hard and with intention. I will run my own crew, again. But first, the basics. Still lots to learn and absorb. I enjoy a lot of the people out here, as there are a lot of familiar eyes under the masks. Haha. A lot has changed, but, I guess so. Makes sense I do suppose, so, well, I’ll just keep adapting and keep killing it on site. Right where o left off! No sweat!
Kung fu wise, the last few days it’s been a minimum, but, I mean, I just moved to grande prairie on 24hrs notice and I gotta chill out on myself. Sustainable, not destructive. I still did some reps and got some time in, but, realizing, man, easier. I need to sustain for 24 days. No more late nights, early mornings instead. I like sleep. It’s cool. Transitioning back into work form won’t be hard. What will be challenging is remembering what routines worked last time, taking what I learnt in my last few months at home and building a sweet training regime up here. It’s gonna be great. I’m really excited.
Yesterday, I worked really hard at being grateful for my opportunities up here. A major one is, I only have me to worry about. As much as the family misses me, it’s normally a half to full hour of my night. Depends on moods I guess. We aren’t working as many hours in the day, so there’s another small bonus! I have no tv, couches. I have this wide open space, I can honestly go through da Mu Hsing and kempo I without interruption! Oh yeah baby, that’s just great news. The roof though, I mean, I did put that hole there...so I need to be a little more careful with my stick! Hahaha. But there’s still room, I think. I am going to video tape myself and take a little looksie at how I’m standing. I feel crouched because of the low roof. Further inspection is needed dear Watson!
But, wait, hold up, ahh yeah, this is what I really wanted to talk about, and this guy, writes on an iPad and have no idea on how to scroll up. Anyhow, a few weeks ago I had a chat with Sifu about stances and snapping into place. I understood the vast majority on what was going on, it’s was simply getting my body to do what it needs to do. So, Sifu Chervenka offers some more time with me. Shares some time with me on some of his breakthroughs. The old four strikes in under a second. Hahaha. Love it. Anyhow, things clicked that night for me. Seriously folks, I smashed the bag with the fourth so cleanly and efficiently, it felt like Picasso was in on it. I didn’t hit any speed records, I smashed technique. I found that slip into place. Oh yeah I did. Some more guidance and words, cleaner more efficient, I honestly didn’t feel those strikes too much in the hands. Should of had gloves on, but, I did not.
One breakthrough just leads into more and more. Stances feel better. I’m not sore in the hips. Ya know. Things are becoming far more efficient. The more I practice, the better everything feels. Now, I have to practice and practice to keep pushing through. Choo choo! Here comes the Willy train! Ya wanna wait around for the wreck? I wouldn’t either!
Anywho, I seriously beat. I’m gonna get a few more reps in, and it’s early to bed yo!
Thanks for your time.
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment