Sunday, 24 May 2020

Well, that was fun

   Well, today is the day I guess. I got a call about 930 this morning. Hey man, we are rolling out Monday and back to work Tuesday....oh, well, shined red fire trucks, that’s a curve ball. I have had an idea for a few days that we are firing back up, but no positive time lines. 24hrs notice, for flaming fudge pops, man, that’s kinda rude. But, on the other hand, quarantine was honestly, an extended spring break up for me, but I did not expect a call like the one this morning. Well, shit, I tell the family that it’s time for me to go and, well, it’s been a day. After the intitial shock comes the frustration and then the tears from them boys. Oh, it breaks my heart, but, I mean this is what I know and what I do. It’ll be okay. My boys. Good boys.
 
   My dog he saw my bags come out and his whole demeaner has dropped, he’s actually very mad that I’m leaving. He’s no dummy, he knows what the bags and coolers mean, he’s been avoiding me today he’s so mad.  Normally, he follows me about and constantly under foot. Nope, not today. He literally took one look at my gear, let out a sigh, gave me a not nice look and left the room. Ouch! That one kinda hurt.

  But, it’ll be okay. Like I say, it’s the way of life I know. Constantly outta town, constantly missing stuff and gatherings. Raising the kids over the phone and Skyping homework. But it’s okay. It really helps me stay focused on what does matter in my life. I may have tunnel vision but if you’re in it, know I’m constantly thinking of you. Know that what I do and sacrifice, I believe is for the greater good of us all. I’ve calculated my motions. This will be very good in the long run. It’ll be okay.

  In any event, I’ll touch back later with some Kung fu, once I get back settled in grande prairie. I’m very grateful to put this here.

Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment