Sunday, 16 August 2020

rain day

 Hola! What’s cracking fellow rat-finks? Oh I’m doing great thanks! I have no idea where I’m going here today...... hahaha. Tuck your chins folks!

I can get this blog out early today because well, we got rained out this morning!! Awesome! Nothing better than hanging out in gp for the day! Haha. Actually, if you get up early like I do, and go for a cruise earlier in the day, boy, you see the events from a Saturday night in grande prairie! Oh what a place. There’s a lot of lost souls here. A lot of people swallowed up by addictions and mental illness. A lot of people just simply forgotten about. I stopped and “gave” a fellow a few coins in change, not entirely sure, but, he was on planet Pluto. Just “standing” there and staring into the sun. I more or less dropped the change close to his feet. He was too messed up to know what just happened. He did speak a bit, but you could hear the hopelessness and sadness in his voice. I don’t say this to make fun of him, I really don’t. I see people in a position like that and my heart breaks a little for them. It’s easy for people not living that lifestyle to just brush them away and sluff them off like they are burdens on society. I am not perfect, no, but I want to help. The honest to goodness truth of it all, is all I can do to help, is drop some change and live by example. I mean, I wasn’t in his exact shoes, but, I was close, and I know how heartwarming it is, when someone genuinely tries to help. Whether you’re in a position to see or accept that help, is another story. 

I’ve seen the same tent parked in front of the same coffee shop for around a week or so. Look hard, but they where there. And almost every morning you’d see the police there. Once they all had a cup of coffee in hand, the next time I saw everyone there, the police where trying to help pack up the campers. I saw that same look of defeat in everyone’s face that day. Like now what? Now where? 

Now, here I sit, deep in contemplation about life and where things could go. What could happen. The some many of life’s possibilities. What can I do to come out ahead, if I can. What can I do to own my situations. I’ve already said it, live by example. Help when I can. You know, I see the team doing the demos and drive-ins and such and that’s really cool. I’m proud to be on this team. I can’t exactly be there often, so, what can I do from here. I do do a fair bit of training, with more coming. My intensity has come back, my need to push and be better, is, well, better. I want to be better. I want to show people, who have had rough goes and been stuck in the same rut and just spinning your tires. Sometimes, a fella has to stop pressing the gas and pause and rethink his approach at life. 

Mentally this summer, I’ve been up and down, but pretty level headed. People have come back and some have ran away. Ha. I’ve met new people, some I care for, others not so much. I’ve learnt a lot about myself while away. It’s easy to disengage when by yourself. Thankfully I’ve got a solid training partner who helps keep me pointed in the right path. And I do the same for him. Kung fu has given me confidence just in myself to be batter person. It’s cool. I have a really good idea of what I am capable of. Not just physically. Mentally, with my words. How to speak. I know I’m a bit of a brute, but, I am good with words when I choose to be.  

To what’s help get me to these questions and thoughts. When we presented our forms this week, I felt good doing my form, I felt good about things. But still there’s a few points of wanting to pause and stop. These are the same places I was stopping and fixing my stances a lot. So there’s, like this built in stoppage of play just sitting there, bam, keep running into it. It has become more noticed in myself, I am more aware of those flaws. Therefore fixing them will be easier. Still ensuring my stances are correct. That’s whats most important, I feel, is my stances. That’s gotta be there before moving on. Otherwise it’s gonna be a long training session. The combinations are working out well I think. Flow feels good, I’m not trying to kill the air in front of my kicks and punches, but, the quality is there. The flow is getting better, the more I pay attention. I’ll get this back. I’ll be back better than I was before. Maybe I’m there? No, not yet. And really where I was is just an older chapter in my book. Where I’m going, that’s a whole new story. 

How’s it gonna go? How’s that story going to unfold? Couldn’t tell ya, but, it’s gonna be good! No matter what happens in my future, it will be just fine. I have the utmost faith that what I’m doing, mentally and physically will lead me to greater places. The desire, the drive, the tenacity, it’s all there, I want all the know,edge! Beforei receive, I gotta put in all the work! Work and pushing limits? That’s what I do. 

I know my positive life decisions have made a difference  in other people’s life’s. Members of my family thank me, for doing what I did so they could see, just what not to do in life! Ha, yeah no problem, great times....hahaha. 

Anyhow ladies, gentlemen, children of all ages, I’m outta here. Gonna clean the snot out of my apartment and meal prep and bet up the shadow in my living room, keeps following me around and copying me.... pretty frustrating, I tell you what! So, irritating *heavy sigh* 

Thanks for your time! See you soon!

Mr.Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment