Hey hey it’s me it’s me it’s Mr.D! Hey-ya how ya doing? Me, I’m great thanks for asking. So here we are six months in. And I’ve been at the kwoon what twice maybe? I don’t know. Wild hey?!? Really it’s not much different this year than any other. I’m just gone outta town! Like always! Ha.
So, I did want to say a few things at the meeting I just didn’t unmute in time, and the poor connection, by the time I realized, man, Sifu was speaking, so it’s chill, I’ll put it here! I just wanted to say my peace about a few things. Just saying my thing, that’s it. For me, I lost a lot of steam right after the tournament, if I’m going to be honest with everyone. Being that excited and jacked up and striving for something, and boom, work and life interferes and well, I guess I’ll sit this one out. No sweat, I still sent in my videos. I trained for it and pushed limits, and then it’s oh no you gotta work today. Yeah hey boss, could I maybe have this day. Like I’ve worked hard to get into tourney shape and, I’d really like to participate. No, will you can just go home if that’s how it’s gonna be. Oh okay, no sweat I understand, sorry for bothering you with my humanity. I’d didn’t say the last part, wanted too. That kinda sucked. And then we could start having live classes again! Super, but we lost those fantastic videos/lesson online. No sweat that’s a lot of work for everyone involved. But seriously, I meant outside of working with another person one on one, that was the best tool I have ever had. It’s like, oh what did Sifu say? Rewind and oh that’s what he said, bang on! Absolutely that’s a lot of work for everyone! Right then, so, my forms and techniques are kilometres better than they were, but they are twice as far as I want them to be. My kicks, looking good, but, come on, I can do better. Therefore, I need to go back to the intensity I had when I first came back. It will, I’ll just go there, quit being lazy with outside circumstances. No matter the reason, it’s no excuse. Anyhow, back to the basics of what I was doing. That always gets me results.
As for the last week, I didn’t get a lot of training in. These last few days, I started kicking and stances and forms again. I did take the long weekend off and seriously just rested. Well needed and deserved. That was a long stint. Anyhow, it was a nice break, I could wish for more, but that’s gonna be a hard nope. Another good stint ahead of us, and hopefully more down the road. It’s sketchy out there, but, hey hopefully, ill still have a gig, when most others are at home. That’s why I work the way I do. So I get to stay around and reap the rewards of still working but an expected honest half as hard. Ahh this is nice. Sure beats running 20km a day! Doing cleanup, so, it’s a lot of machine work and spotter work for me. Spot things and that’s it! A lot of standing and walking. I walk solid 10-15km on a slow day! I should get a Fitbit or something!
Anyhow, I do like where my kicks are at. It’s been long enough of just that focus. Back to punches and knife chops. I really like chops! They are so powerful, it’s kind of mind blowing. It all makes sense how everything works, but, once that knife hand is locked and then unloaded, it’s like a fricken bomb goes off. Ha. Love it. Just watch the heavy bag fold around the hand. A literal fold and a skip. Haha. Awesome. Actually, I’m going to delve back into combinations, I was re-reading the focus on hands and I’m like, nah, I should be back at both in combinations. That’s whats needed. Cool. How’s that for a hard turn!
Anyhow, I’ve said a lot of stuff for now and I’ll talk at ya soon!
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment