Kung fu is great! My side heel thrust kick? Oh it’s great thanks for asking! I’ve focused in and really think I’m nailing that kick again! You know, while breaking down my kicks and really trying to pay attention to what I’m doing has been wonderful. Lots and lots and little issues, I feel I have crushed. The old front thrust kick. Geeing a lot better. But, I was over reaching with it. I was getting “power” and really pushing with that kick, but, it was just not right. Threw the camera up and recorded myself, and picked my kick apart as best as I can, with my limited knowledge. Making progress. Slowly, but surly, I’m getting back to where I know I should be.
My strikes I’ve been working on, the three under a second, with that absolute destroyer coming in hot, I am very happy with. Much progress, to the point, I’m changing the punches up and trying to achieve the same speeds and power, with technique of course. It’s slow, because, I’ve trained for those punches, now I am using these punches. So, the body is like, over there smashing punches out, and my mind is like, whoa dude, wrong strikes! Haha. Slow down, breathe, and concentrate will!
Last week, in grande prairie, my boys came up and hung out with me for a few nights! Boy was that ever nice. To have my boys while I’m working away! It was a great time. They camped out in my apartment and I just really enjoyed them. Didn’t get much training done with them around, but, meh, that’s life. My boys, the oldest one, more specifically, said he gets it now! Get what buddy? I get why you’re so tired when you get home, or why you do t have a lot to say on the phones some nights, dad. You don’t get a break when you’re up here do you? All I see you doing is either you’re gone to work, or you’re getting ready to work! You really work hard dad. Thank you for doing that!
Oh boy, he really knows how to get old dad emotional. I said thank you for paying attention to me. I appreciate you’re words Alex. I want you to know buddy, this is what I do buddy. I bust hump, and work long hours so you guys can have a better life than I. I said, I’ll make you a deal, you keep pushing hard in school and I will not bring you out on the pipeline. You start skipping school and being dumb, you’re coming to work with me! Understand?
If he had school books with him, he would have started doing worksheets!! Hahaha. Smart boy!
Well, I guess that’s it for now
Talk to you later
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment