Sunday, 30 August 2020

More patience.

 Okay hi there! What’s going on here? Well, this was a great week for me. Work wise, I had a good week. I’ve been bugging my foreman to jump in a hoe and mover dirt around, if it’s possible, well, one our operators has left the job and so I was able to jump in for a few hours! Bam! So, this is what I did. Gave the machine a quick look over, jumped in, fire it up and read the controls, took a few moments and got fami,air with the controls before we even rolled an inch. Oh, running diggers is just like playing video games! Running equipment! It’s all in the touch. Fill bucket with dirt, lift up put dirt over there! Repeat! Only a few bangs and shaking of equipment!! Oh snap, don’t do that calm down, let go of the levers for a breath, try again. I honestly got compliments for the decent beginner job I did! So, no problem, just need more practice. 

Speaking of practice, man I completely forgot the last few moves of Da Mu Hsing. Nailing the movements at the apartment, and then forget it all in front of the camera! Good gracious, I was excited to show everyone too, been working hard on it! Haha ahhh, then I forgot the techniques! Then, I messed up the bow out, and I’m like oh my god, what a train wreck! Yup, and like a minute later, I remembered what I was supposed to do.....Ahh well, I’ve stumbled before. It was the internet lag....yeah! The internet! Yeah, it was just time lapses, or whatever! Any how, I gotta get crushing more reps, what I have been doing of slower methodical forms, I want to amp up the flow into speed. So, like I say, I'm use to stopping and checking stances, I have to keep pushing forward with flow. But, at what cost? Stance? Intention? No, I need those. I want to start going for speed, but nit if it’s gonna cost me stance and grounding. Maybe, I could just be patient and keep going as to what is working so well, you know, basics and proper Kung fu. So, I gotta slow down and just stay steady with flow and stance. Everything else will happen when it’s supposed to! 

My combinations, feel not bad. There’s a few I spent a lot of time with. Simpler techniques. 3-4 moves in there. Running through the older ciriculum, and now even more of the sweeping knife block and the punch. It’s been in rotation since I’ve first seen it months ago, but i can step it up! No sweat! I feel I’m doing it right, I feel it’s doing well. I’m getting the extension and snap Sifu was asking for. Making sure not to lean over, just into the punch. Probably one of my more favorite techniques have always been out of horse stance. Seriously, that side heel thrust kick screams out of a horse stance, so simply falls into a backfist, spinning back kick then whamo, into a fighting stance squared backup, ready to rock. It’s even better when you make sound effects when you train....I’m not sure why you don’t? I always loved that combo. I get that a horse stance you “loose” some of your weapons, but, you gain “strength” in others, opening and closing the gap is fast I find in the horsestance. Mind you I have a large wing span, so that always helps, but still. 

So, I mean, I’m on day 25, worked 20, only 4 more to go! I’m getting a little stir crazy, going to have an insanely busy few days off and then back up here. That’s okay, supposed to be a quieter fall. Yeah, we will see about that! I doubt it. I’d like to just sleep the next few days until I can go home, but, alas, what I will do is keep getting up, and I’ll keep going! Besides, I’d miss out on Kung fu, if I was sleeping! That’s not good. Ha. Okay, I know I’m rambling, I’ll let ya go!

Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment