Monday, 28 September 2020

Today today

 Well happy Monday morning!! How’s things today everyone? My week has been interesting I suppose. Sick kids and staying home. The youngest came down with a cold early in the week and the oldest boy got sick a few days later. So, I pulled the teacher dad routine and spent my days trying to teach my boys!! Haha. What a week that was! Good thing I’m actually prettty smart and I can keep up to grade 4 & 7 school work!! Yeah for me!! 

I kept going on forms and such, but I didn’t have a lot of gas this week! I got sick too and just drained the energy from me. Well, that and trying to be a teacher! Not as bad as it sounds, but, it’s definatly not my cup of tea! But, hey, I showed the boys different ways to accomplish math! We worked hard on sentences and then I started giving a bit of a history lesson in wrestling! Good old social studies! Who can tell me who the first Intercontinental Champion of WWE? And why did the introduction of that belt have such an everlasting effect on wrestling today? 

   Pat Patterson! 1979 the first tournament was held for the intercontinental championship. It was the first belt used for mid card wrestlers. It was important to this day because it’s the longest lasting, non-adultered belt in WWE. It’s considered prestigious because, normally, this belt is the beginning of heavyweight contender ship. It’s a trial period if you may. It’s also, where some top guys will fued, in order to bring characters back into the tv time, which eventually should lead to more tv and character development on tv. Finally it’s prestigious because, simply some of the people who have held that belt and the legacies they have left on the wrestling world! Start with the original champ Pat Patterson, one of the legit toughest and cleanest wrestlers to ever grace the Buisness, to the likes of Ricky Steamboat vs Macho Man Randy Savage! This was the fued that bumped Macho Man into main street stardom! Once Bret the Hitman Hart won the IC, within two years, he was in heavyweight contendership. Even to the match that just took place on Sunday night. AJ Styles vs Sami Zayne vs Jeff Hardy ladder match for the IC. AJ Styles is WWE main “across the world guy”! He’s wrestled with every major organization in wrestling and when you see AJ styles, it means championship style matches! Even when Styles makes mistakes or botches, it looks good! He makes wrestling look like Sifu Brinker makes Kung Fu look simple. The other two are awesome as it is, don’t get me wrong, and it was an awesome ladder match! Man, that would hurt jumping 15 Feet off of one ladder onto your opponent, whose laying on a ladder,  just to stop on concrete...I’m so envious. That’d be so much fun! It would hurt shit yeah, but once that pop hits....it’d be worth it! 

    Well, okay, than. Yes the Clash of Champions ppv just happened and I thought it was a solid show! A few wtf moments, but it’s wrestling! It’s not always supposed to make sense! Just smile and nod! 

   And as for all else, Kung fu is going well! Sticking to the basics, and just working on the forms and things I know! With this cold and such, I’m electing to just stay at home for the time being and just keep working on the basics. 

   I am putting together a plan to take my health and well-being back. My breathing and stamina really do suck, so, I’m goi g to crush this smoking thing while I’m chilling at home! Ohh gawd!! I’m already anxious and sweaty and trying to trip myself up! My quit date is approaching fast and I have slowed down on the intake of poison, now, I just have to believe I can live without a cigarette! I see everyone not smoking, so, I’d like to not smoke too. Besides at $15 a day, man does that get old fast!!! 

So, here’s to a week of meltdowns and confusion!! I watched one of my best buddies just quit, with some help and a lot of will power! And I want to too. I’m kinda sick of stinking and not breathing and looking like a leather purse and feeling like crap! I’ve smoked since I was like 10. I took it up full time around 12/13. Peer pressure? Being a dumb kid, not respecting myself, not giving myself a chance to succeed? I don’t know why I started smoking! But, I did, and here I am, looking at these sticks of death trying so hard to figure out why I enjoy them? 

Anyhow, if you can figure the logic behind smoking, let me know! And if not, well, I’ll talk you soon any which way!! Have a great week team


Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment