Sunday, 10 January 2021

A busy week.

 Sunday Sunday!! Hey yo! How was your week? Mine was pretty solid! I’m looking forward to crushing next week here as well! 

So, as I’ve mentioned my first class I’ve nailed it down with a 96% average! Yeah, no big deal....a lot of work and studying. Funny story, on Wednesday I wrote two exams. I didn’t want to but I figured well, it 2 in the afternoon, I can rush through this test! Start on a fresh chapter in the morning...well the test I rushed I only got 90 on it. That’s much lower than my goals for the school session and I was mad at myself! That’s what I got for rushing! No more powering through, that was nothing but silly mistakes and misreading the questions...I went back and redid the exam for fun, and I got all but one question wrong wrong the next morning....ugh...lesson learnt. 

All well, I still have hit my goal of 95 in that class! Just slow down and do the next mod properly. And this next mod is all about the technical terms and phrases and legislation...oh good lawyer talk. I can hardly understand English....well, that’s cool. The only drawback here is learning new language and words. Learning learning learning.

 Actually I don’t see the drawback....like at all. 

Kung fu this has been really good! Daily reps of Da Mu Hsing, and working what we are learning in class! It’s all tied together nicely! Haha! 

 So, I’ve watched the videos twice so far, I’ve got my questions and notes and thoughts written down. I’m ready for Monday question time! Okay! Seriously that wasn’t that hard! An honest hour of serious commitment and that was it...gawd man, do better. Okay and just a note, a comment on q&a on Monday! It’s just one small detail, guys, team....wrestling is on during q&a! Guys, I’m just saying yo, that Monday night raw is on! So here’s the real question, how important is wrestling compared to my Kung fu? Well, ones entertainment and the other gives me life.....so I’ll see ya Monday night at 6! 

I’ll touch on a few goals for the next OX year. So like I’ve mentioned a lot I’m looking to learn to be nicer to myself. I’ve started reading the power of nice a few nights ago! I’d like to read a new book every 8weeks! I should be able to hit that no problem. It’s kinda funny though, now I have this incurable impulse to re-read through my graphic novels (comic books!!) So that’s kinda amusing! 

Finally I’d like to go finish up here. Out in my town, it’s not uncommon to see dogs and cats running a muck, and mostly it’s no problem. But there’s these two dogs. Ones a 80-90lb husky look a like and the other is a fricken monster of a pitty... so I’m in my front yard having a coffee break chilling looking beyond the immediate buildings. I’m all in my world about doing well in school! Tucker, my dog, he comes out in the front all day long. He will not leave the yard without my explicit permission! I don’t normally leash him in the front, because he stays within a few feet of me...always. He knows “stay with me” very well. Tucker let’s put a warning growl, small bark! I’ve trained him to not sit and bark like a dumb dog, only if he doesn’t like something...I turn and look over my shoulder and here’s these two monster b-lining for me and my dog!! “Tucker in the yard!” I yell, he’s in the fence and I lock the gate so he can’t get hurt, I spin back around and face these dogs. Both are slowing down but still, man I snap into protect mode and take a few large strides between them and my house, and I announced myself! “Go on and get, #*\><&@“$ers” both stopped and looked teeth showing and I see them thinking. I can’t turn my back at this point so I lock in...Here we go I knew it going down!! I stood my ground made myself bigger then them gave them my best dads loosing his mind eyes and stepped up! “Well... come and get some than!!” Immediately the husky dipped its head ate some snow and turned around and left! The pitty....he kept thinking bearing his teeth....I stayed ready man....big dogs are deceivingly fast...after a few tense seconds of standoff he eased up! He sensed I wasn’t moving back! He sensed the play and thankfully he followed his husky friend...

Yowie wowie eh!! Who knew Online schooling could be so dangerous!! 

The whole situation really made came to light for me after class and sifu Brinker was pounding in the snap in our stances. The mental mindframe, our intentions. The whole de-escalation with just my noticeable intentions! My dog friend knew I intended on defending myself. The wife spoke to me after how she was figured I was about to get into a dog fight on the front lawn, I was ready! Didn’t overly know it, to be honest, I just fell into what was natural, I guess! She says I was in a bit of a fighting stance, Guards up and locked in! Bam things went down so quickly I really did not have time to get into houses and yards, nor would I have, I don’t think. It’s kinda against my nature. I made sure my dog wasn’t gonna get ripped and boom there theses mutts where, forget that, not even letting them the have an idea they can run a muck here. This is my yard, so go on and get!! Not now nor in the future! I have children that play out front so do my neighbours... I did speak with the proper authories afterwards. These two are notoriously doing this, so, I guess he’s on it!


Anyhow, I think that’s pretty much everything for now! 

Thanks for your time!

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment