You know something? I’ve been thinking! Whether these where the intended outcomes or not....
New life goals. I feel more motivated about myself, like I don’t feel like a failure to my family. It’s easier to train when deep down in my heart, there’s a purpose. Not the belt, not a rank or colour. But my intentions. Is this self driven suffering aiding or hindering me? To further myself professionally; but more importantly personal growth is my reasoning.
I train because Kung fu aids in manageability in my life. When I don’t train, it’s unmanageable! It’s chaos. Kung fu, the “extreme violence” balanced with the “extreme calmness” it teaches, brings me peace and calm. It gives me a world that I can safely travel to, to be me. I used to thrive in physical battle, alas, yesterday’s battles have finished. No one really won or lost, it’s maybe the outlook of the finish that needs adjustment!
I’m proud to be me. I’m proud I abandoned my fears and shortcomings and plunged head first into a brand new industry. I’m proud to be completely starting over! I’m proud to struggle and fight to get high marks. I’m proud I do not completely understand the language. I’m proud to say I have a lot to learn, after all, I’m just a student in this world!
I’m proud my questions in Kung fu are basic. And just as proud when questions come from higher levels of thinking. I’m proud I’m struggling with some of my kicks! I am proud to admit those forms I used to know, I no longer remember. I’m proud to have asked for help, and received answers. I am proud I have to struggle to maintain almost any semblance of a schedule. I am proud of my successes in my Kung fu! I’m just as proud when I do not see my gains, and some one points them out; because, after all, I am just a student!
I am proud not because of ego! Quite the contrary. I’m proud because, I recognize my faults, I admit my faults; I own my faults. I learn how to improve my faults. This way, I can work a plan, instead of planning to work, because after all is said and done...
....it is not failures, it is learning new things....
....after all, I am just a student in this life....
From what I hear Bruce Lee once said “ Don’t fear failure. Not failure but low aim is the true crime. In great attempts, it is glorious even to fail!”
If “fail” is even the proper word there anymore!
Okay! Talk to you soon
Mr.Duncan
Oh and Mr. Tuesday night is getting his act together still. Last week filled up quickly on me, this week I’m bringing mr.Thursday Night back to the forefront! He’s got a message for everyone, so he says! I don’t know? He doesn’t tell me anything! Just makes these demands of me and it real tough some days! So today I declare that, I Mr. Duncan can not be held responsible in any which way, for what ever this Mr.Thursday Night says or does! He’s broken in my zoom and messed with the settings! He is always telling me to like suplex people and stuff...I don’t think he’s okay, ya know....upstairs.... oh I can hear him calling now, better go!
Oh
What is this!?!
....You better be careful out there! Do your push ups! I’m virtually watching you...not literally! Not even figuratively! I’m virtually watching you....
No comments:
Post a Comment