Hey there everyone! Good week? Yeah mine was not bad!!
School is a tough one this week, but, that’s all good. I wrote only one exam last week and took a 92 on it. I honestly scored higher than I thought I was going to!! Haha. Lawyer talk and terms and policies and procedures and “shall nots” and “must vs suggested”. This English language wow, really have to pay attention to the words and context! I did want to change my vocabulary soooo....
Let’s see! Made some good strides in Kung fu, I feel! Getting the snaps and the hips and shoulders unifying! Stances are getting stronger and stronger! Feel good about what’s happening! I’ve spent a fair bit of time with Iron Cross technique this week. Finding the strengths and weaknesses! Tearing the technique apart, slowing down, watching for the snap, watching to see what my hips and center do! Moving blocking striking, in one really cool technique! How we say, simultaneous attacks! Man that’s cool! When sifu made mention and explained the simultaneous attacks, holy bells and whistles going off! Sifu made mention of sticky hands! And hair blown back! Of course!! That makes so much more sense now! Sticky icky hands!! Completely slipped the memory back!
Anyhow, school has had this awesome effect on my brain where it’s working at a high level of work! Efficient? Ahhh, hard to say! It’s been 20years since I’ve pushed to actually learn something outside of bad habits! Hahaha. Great times. I’m finding that memory recall and just simply holding onto ideas and facts are so much easier and quicker! Dang these piles of muscle mass in our skulls is awesome! So powerful! Such a fantastic tool.
I almost feel silky for not pushing myself like this before, almost....not quite! I had to finish that path I was on before I could step here! I’m actually really proud of myself friends!
This new found brain power has had so many positive effects in my life, even in just two weeks! I speak in more than one syllable words mostly now! I try very hard to use descriptive words as opposed to cusses when explaining things...how would a customer/client like to hear these words? They wouldn’t! So, I need to remove that from common speech! It can be done, just takes practice!! And honestly, it ain’t no thang! Did I say that right you fly cats?
On thurdsady night during class, I managed to mangle one of my toes! I’m positive it happened during kicks in class! I have a massive split in my concrete slab in my garage, and I covered it with rubber mats, and I found the split in the concrete under the mats and things went squish crunch crack! Oh, well that’s no good! Friday morning doing stances and forms...hahaha looking like the hunchback of notre dame! Hahaha! So I did tape it up and soldiered on, until my wife saw me.....so then I spent the later part of the afternoon getting scolded and sitting with my foot up and iced!! It was so purple and red and swollen to the point I couldn’t put a piece of paper between the toes! Ha! Got in trouble from the boss lady for doing that!! I pushed a few reps Saturday, until she got wind of what I was doing....so I went for a drive!! Foots fine, it just sucks to walk on it! Kicks off the left foot suck, but I’ll soldier on! Monday is a whole new challenge!
Good friends are hard to find, can be harder to hold onto at times! I mean, I got a solid friend who is always there for me! Always any time I call text or don’t do either, he’s on me!! I’m a lucky guy! I don’t have many friends I confide in, but those whom I do, have gone outta their way to show they aren’t out to “get me”. Earned that fragile trust I have in people! I’ve had friends who only use you for the cash or to buy the rounds, not this guy! Total opposite! He kinda gets not mad or upset, but he’d rather give to you than receive! I strive to be like that! His generosity always takes me by surprise! Never fails! Not only does he hold his word, he steps above and beyond a typical friendship and it means the world to me!
Anyhow, thanks friend, for the coffees and laughs!
Well, with that being said folks, I should carry on now! It’s gonna be a busy day getting set up for next week, so....here we go
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment