Hey there everybody! What a great day it is today! I woke up today, Sunday, feeling amazing! Why you ask? Well Connor McGregor taught the world about running your mouth and smarting off when you should be listenening! He is my favourite fighter to watch get his face re-arranged and his knees kicked in! That’s one fighter that has no clue on respect for his trade or his opponents!!
Anyhow! Great day indeed! Kung fu wise, I think was decent! I myself, spent too much time on the heavy bag and beat my hands silly! I...well, I mean to say, it started as constructive heavy bag time, but, I really let my emotions get the best of me!
See what happened is, I wrote an exam middle of last week! I didn’t hit the mark I wanted! I got really frustrated simply because of these stupid silly mistakes I make on these tests! It’s always the wording that gets me. My marks are still extremely high and I am in no way close to failing, but I have high expectations of myself and felt like I let myself down! I shot for the stars and crashed into the moon!! Still a heck of an achievement!! So, with my tenper, and a lack of wanting to calm down, I beat the ever lasting tar outta the heavy bag! (Insert Sheepish smile/shrug)
I did learn something. I reached out to sifu and talked to him. He’s left me with a text message that has some powerful messages in it! I have honestly spent the last few days, meditating on his words and trying to make sense of them in my world! There’s a lot packed into a small text message! Taking time sorting it out.
I think deep down, my fault was not recognizing, I worked and studied really hard to get those marks and I didn’t give myself enough credit! The major thing I have to remember is, I am literally teaching myself a whole new industry. I can email my “teachers” and hopefully within 24hrs I’ll get some sort of an answer, usually just refers me to a clause and paragraph number, like, why did I even waste my time emailing this guy?? I was looking for clearification, on a cloudy subject, not the paragraph I just read six times bud!
I am getting to know a lot of the terms and phrases, it’s how they use the language to their advantage that I need to pick up. So next week is going to be slow down and realize that I new here! There’s so much to learn. Yup I’m overwhelmed!! Haha. One day at a time!
I am getting betterish at being nicer to myself, last week was a lesson on what can go wrong when I don’t.
Soooooooooooooooo, I was working the spinning back kick last week, trying to eliminate the 1,2,3 steps of the kick, because that’s how I threw them! No more, like sifu told us in class, start pushing harder! We should be getting beyond those points in our training! Spot on sifu! Can do!! My floors....super slippery!! I need a helmet! Just kidding....kind of!!
One thing I did accomplish on the heavy bag was working the three strikes in one second! I think, I’m there, now I need to focus in one the power! How? Continued reps and pushing limits! I focus on the stance, feet planted. Hips leading, shoulders relaxed, focus on my intentions...I intend on three proper strikes need under one second! Sure, make those punches count first, then the speed, then the power....and I play with the three! I’ll pour the power in and realize, boy my stances are crappy, focus on the technique, boy my power is weak, focus on the power, oh boy stances where terrible....so it’s that circle that sifu had made mention of. Small incremental progression, one small improvement at a time! Getting there!! Hahaha. Look out friends! I can’t wait to test this with people!
Okay dokay, what’s next? Uh let’s see, talked about school! Talked about where I am in life today, kinda, and talked about Kung fu! Shoot friends, I think that’s it for now! I don’t know what else to ramble about!!
Well....I guess that all folks
Thanks for you time
Mr.Duncan.
P.S. I got the go ahead nod for Mr.Thursday Night to make an appearance at the virtual Kwoon....who knows what fun he has planned?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment