Sunday, 13 December 2020

Tick Tock

 Howdy folks! How’s it today? It’s good here. So, well, life has decided to curve ball me again! So that’s cool. At this point, whatever, bring it on!! 

 I had a job come up. This new boss gave me less than 24hrs notice to be on site, four hours away. After I pay, out of pocket, for site orientations and do that garbage online! So I did the math, after travel costs, hotels, food, all other my expensive to go to work for less than a week and come home to sit again I’d come home with 500$ if I eat the daily special at McDonald’s and 300$ if I eat like a human...well, I very politely declined this job. My temper flared up, when I read his hurry up and get here bs text! The thing I can not stand is, yes, I was asking for work, but, because of a lack of planning and communication does not constitute an emergency on my part....sorry, not my problem! 

 This is the garbage I no longer desire to deal with. I made sure to tell the owner how much I appreciate his efforts to try to get me some cash. He really didn’t need to even answer my text last month. And I consider, what he did to try to find work for me is above and beyond what a lot of people are doing right now. Solid cat! 

Honestly folks, I was dreading getting back into pipelines and construction. My stress and temper has really started to flare up. So what to do? The missus and I have a solid plan about moving forward. 

We had another solid conversation about going back to work! I expressed how much I’m sick of chasing the dollar bill and how I’m so sick of pouring absolutely everything I have into someone else’s dream and company. I’m so sick and tired of making a huge profit for someone else, breaking my body, sacrificing my family for some dude who writes my cheques? Does he even know my name?  

I told her, I am not doing that anymore! I won’t. I have no problem suffering and struggling for me and my family! But, I’m not doing it for some corporate pig anymore. So, we decided, that I’m going to school on Jan 4! Pulled the trigger people. I said to heck with this. I’m going to work for me from now on! 

That’s correct I start school on Jan 4! I’m starting with hone inspection certificate at nait. I will have a company within a calendar year and that’s the end of that! It could take up to 8 months to get this very, if I have troubles with the schooling! But, it’s gone inspections not a math major in university! That’s where I’ll start. And with that cert, I can very easily get into city and commercial inspections. And from there, I’ll get a beaut of a retirement gig! 

With my background, with my skills and places I’ve worked, this will be a fairly easy transition. I think the hardest thing will be the lack of physical demand in this field, good thing I have Kung fu eh folks!! Hahaha. 

I’m really excited team! I can not wait to be honest! I have a lot to learn and push for, but, I want this real badly. For the last, I do t know, but let’s call it 5 years, I have kept going back to the home inspection at nait. I would love to take astrophysics or some crazy cool stuff like that, but, I can not say that I’ll get there and be content ! I just don’t know about chilling in a desk or lab for the next how many years! So, that’s something I will entertain once I get myself established. 

I have been in touch with a buisness owner in this field and I’ve spoken to real estate agent in the area. There’s room for growth and from what I’ve heard, the real estate agent wouldn’t mind another inspector out here! More variety I was told, some other people are very content out here, content isn’t good, no sir, not when you have this mf’er coming tearing it up! Haha. Get out of my at old man! Time for a change of the guard and it’s now my turn. Soooooo, get out of my way buds!!

Anyhow folks, that’s pretty much all I’ve got. I’m moving forward with this plan. 

I’m scared, I’m nervous, I have to learn so much, how to run buisness networking, and all that other jazz! I’m pumped folks. Absolutely pumped. 

So, I have a few ideas for a company name. I personally like “Dunc’s Inspection Services”. “Big Willy’s Inspections. Or WAWA inspections! I don’t know I’ve got some time! A massive picture of me on the side of the truck in my wrestling gear?? So many options.....

Any ideas? 

Well, I should go and get going on stuff for the day! 

Thanks for listening

Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan 

No comments:

Post a Comment