Sunday, 7 February 2021

Quickly

 Hey ya team!! Almost there eh!? I’m done with the rat year, tell ya that much for free. It was not a complete failure, goal wise, not overly. I did learn a lot. Learnt a lot about myself as a person, learnt a lot about what people hold dear to them, morally wise!

Personally, like I wrote about all year, I had massive, massive life altering decisions to be made. I made some terribly difficult decisions to cut people out of my life and others chose to cut me out of theirs! I lost another cousin to drugs and a distant uncle to cancer! Another cousin is well on his way to meeting his maker! Career wise, I lost everything! 


From that perspective, I had a crap year.....if I flip my perception and search for gratefulness, that last paragraph can go something like 


Personally, as I wrote about for the majority of the year, I made some huge steps towards changing my careers and getting out of working outta town so much. Sure, sure, external forces had a large part to play, but, still!! I made massive strides in becoming more of a dad as opposed to a phone call, which, is extremely important to me. I learnt, my communication skills still lack very much, and I look forward to trying, again, to rebuild a very dear relationship! Not everyone can read my mind! Having so many expectations of how things where supposed to work out really wasn’t the best idea. More of an open minded approach this year is needed! 

I had become neglectful and passive, last year, in regards to my mental health. There’s steps that have worked amazingly well in the past, and I chose to make poor decisions! Those decisions I made 9years ago, still need help and love!

 Career wise, I have a huge opportunity for change and growth in front of me today! Lots of learning and lots of questions to be had!! I’m very grateful for the friends and family that are here with me! The passings of my loved ones toast year, helped remind me to quit wasting time and opportunities! The people in my life whom always have a word on encouragement, are really appreciated. I don’t know where I would be without the few I have! 


Sure, it took a little longer to say what was on my mind, but there’s a much easier pill to swallow there now! I’m not starting the new year with defeat on my mind! I’m starting the new year, with learning opportunities and obvious places to grow....

more to come as more is revealed. I can only reveal if I stay committed to my Kung fu!


Thanks for your time

Mr.Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment