Sunday, 14 February 2021

Oh yeah!!

 Wow hey! It’s officially first blog of the Ox!! We are Team Oxen. Kinda technically we are a yoke of oxen!! Yuppers I just looked that up!! But seriously a Yoke of Oxen!?! English language is confusing!! I’m seriously amazed at people who learn this as a second language! It’s more like 8 languages smashed into one depending on what part of what rock you live on. 

Started strong this year, gotta keep the momentum going. One big adjustment I’ve made is the one on ones. I didn’t want to do them later at night. I wanted my nights to be mine to do as I will. Then I got thinking, well, that’s kind of selfish of my part! Let’s be honest!! Simply because there’s a black belt with times open and waiting, so what exactly am I doing? Squandering an opportunity? Yup what I was doing!! Not anymore! Time to act like the black belt I want to be!   

So, jump right out of my comfort zone and with a few terrible jokes (face palm...that sounded funnier in my head), I’ll get adjusted to this new routine. Shoot, I used to try to be the first and last person in classes. I did loose that connection, so I shall rebuild that connection! That’s the relationship I want to rebuild! The one with my teachers I used to carry so dearly! 

So on Saturday night, ha! I was online with sifu! The question that I was asked, what am I after, what am I looking for out of her? What do I want? Well, I wasn’t really expecting the question, I should have, but, it kind of took me off guard! Simply because, it was a bit of a loaded question, in a good way of course! I have to get all my forms and techniques back! I can, honestly, only remember a few, no matter how hard a try! 

Now, I could have said, teach me everything and I’ll try to sort it out later, that seemed really....silly! I’m sure throwing every thing at me some spaghetti will stick, but how many pots are we going to throw away?  I don’t do well when I get overwhelmed and frustrated! That’s a free lesson that has taken years to learn! So, I opted to focus on the two forms I know, and get these forms sorted and smoothed out! There’s lots of places that I’m lacking in the forms “I know!” Lots of small details I’ve missed over time! The subtle changes that have happened to some of the forms! No big deal! I got a few solid black belts!! 

Let’s see, the first day of Ox challenge, thankfully I am at home and had nothing but time and opportunities to do the new year challenge! Felt great completing them. I don’t honestly know if I’ve ever hit the 1000 before! You wanted 1000?? Well, here’s 1120!

Sifu, Thank you sifu! May I have another please Sifu!!

 I know I’ve been up into the 800’s but I truly don’t think I’ve ever actually completed the challenge until Friday! Bam, that’s one check I’ve really wanted to do! 

And then, there’s that “unknown person!” High applause for that Kung fu promo! That was awesome! I really enjoyed the video! Thanks! Mr.Thursday Night was vibrating with excitement! Did you see this Mr.Duncan? Mr.Duncan you have to watch this again! Like I know dude come on now, we have watched this a few times now, calm down dude! I have to study....anyhow....it’s nice to see! Thanks unknown person, hopefully you’re not an unknown assailant with killer curls....

I’m going to lay out quickly here, some goals, but I will put them into a video shortly, so MTN, will leave me alone about posting in a video my goals for the year! He can read, he’s just being difficult....

Very much so, I am going to continue to work on the three strikes in a second! I have had some feed back about keeping the flow going, but moving inside my opponent, I have a few punches to work with and see what’s fitting better and where it fits best! It’s all about context, but, like we have been told, practice practice practice! I actually want to put a kick in there, but, in good time! This technique I’ve worked on for years! Yes years! And I will continue to take years to work this out! The next step of this goal, is to have three “one inch punches” if you may! I want to be inside so tight that only small powerful techniques will make an impact! Get inside your power zone so terribly that your stumbling on your jabs! Inside so tight a kick isn’t even a plausible thought...and then bam...punches like semi trucks outta nowhere!!! Hahaha! Unbridled violence!! 

Another large goal, personally, for myself is, well, to get back and maintain a state of fitness that will allow me to train with professional wrestlers...I’m not kidding! In 2022, I will enroll in a wrestling academy! Not to say that I want to be the main attraction for Alberta, which, to be honest, this area we live in, is the hotspot I western Canada for producing wrestlers! So much talent here, and I want to train with them all!! Honestly, I want to say, yeah I trained in wrestling! Yeah I did well! Yeah, I can keep up with people half my age! Yes I can turn your arm bar into a legit exploder suplex! Whether I actually get signed or even see a legit ring, I do not care! I want the training and the physical abilities! I want this off my bucket list! Bam! 

That’s a large goal in and of itself, so I’ve had to break it up into a few steps. One physical strength, so the goal I have is to, by next year, from a laying and sitting position is to stand up with 200lbs of deadweight! I desire to clean pick and carry 200lbs on my shoulders! I desire to continue to build “sleeper strength” So I do not want to put on mass or size, simply raw strength! So I have reached out to my kid brother and he set me up with a monster of a weight training regime! Fantastic! 

How does any of wrestling tie into Kung fu? Man how doesn’t it! In Kung fu, we are asked to do forms and techniques with passion and intention! I have to be solid in my Kung fu stance, I have to be confident in my motions, steps, grabs locks, absolutely everything Sifu drops on my plate! Why does everything have to be as perfect and as solid as possible? Because it’s what we are training to do, first off! And it’s the proper way to train and finally, if I can’t get “perfection” in my Kung fu, how can I expect to step into a very physical environment and train to “not hurt, but hurt people”

Wrestling reminds me of heavy sparring! We are here to learn and grow, but no one wants to take an injury! So if I can not show restraint and respect in Kung fu, how can I earn respect in the outside worlds? 

I have cheeseburger the escrimas this year as a weapon. I have taken liberty to inject the escrimas into stick form. It’s very very similar, but obviously different. The escrimas I feel flow differently that the stick. There are subtle but substantial differences that can not be over looked. When escrimas are used in Da Mu Hsing, it looks quite similar, but in the stick form, it looks different, if you follow my drift. 

I will developer my own escrimas form, but under the guidance of the “father of all weapons” the stick. It’s been a few years, but, when I was working with Sifu M Playter, he used to remind me, always, that if you’re having troubles with a weapon refer to the stick, the stick will show you the way!! Something like that, it’s been a few years. 

Smoking, yup, still having troubles, but not so much today! I have this book. The Easy Way To Quit Smoking! I will keep my flaws right here in the for front for all! I do not care! 

 I can not keep up anymore as a smoker! I absolutely detest smoking, and to be really blunt and honest. I see all you teammates bit smoking and not gasping for air and I’m jealous. I’m envious. I’ve never given myself that opportunity.  Started at a young age there too...8 I was smoking pipes because nobody cared and it was acceptable where I grew up! No ones fault but my own! Own it! I continued to smoke, I made those decisions. Conversations or more of a lack of said conversations, is of no relevance! This book has gone about changing the way I perceive about how I think about smoking. It forces me to be honest with the issues and face reality! He does not talk about the health effects, that’s pointless. I know! Seriously! I know! I live with them. It’s about, why do I make time for them? What’s the benefit to this? What am I gaining? I’m only a third of the way in the book, but it’s easier to say no when my thinking is clear about what I’m saying no to!! Basically, this illusion I have of powerlessness!! Huh, reminds me of me kicking alcohol! 9years going strong there!!

Anyhow, I’m excited! This is going to be another good year! I’m excited to train with everyone again and some of the new ti the team names I’ve seen pop up! Fantastic!

Have a great family day fam!!


Thanks for your time 

Mr.Duncan 

No comments:

Post a Comment