Fresh week ahead of us! Rat is completely and utterly over with now!! All done! Uhh finally! Anyhow, I’m really pumped for the year of the ox! First and foremost; I was really grateful to have been apart of the new year celebrations, as virtual as it was! I really appreciate the hard work and piles of time everyone invested! Our schools new black belts!! You’re speeches where awesome to hear! Great work! All the black belt promotions, was really cool to see and hear about their level of commitment! As a student I don’t always see their commitment, because, I am always benefiting from your hard work! Last night really enforced that for me! Super seriously thanks!
First week of ox! Not bad, not great, room for growth though! Colton passing really threw a stick of dynamite into things, but that’s cool! I needed to slow down and process what happened and my part of it and move on! Clean conscience, clean attitude!
Change, adapt, grow; change, adapt, grow; for ever more...
I stand firm on my resolutions that this year is for my cousins who will never see the recovery side of life. Yes, I do what I do for me, but subliminally it, for those who still can not find a way out, break those chains for the fam....come on homies, I’m right here! I should amend my comment on what kind of a martial artist do I want to be, as I was emotionally super charged last week. I’ll still do everything I can to help and pull you out of that hole, 10% of the way! Haha! I can’t do it for ya, but with ya! I’ll show you the first step! I’ll guide you up and help you get onto that first step, but you gotta step it!! Do not fret, I’ll be at that second step waiting for your decision! When you take the second step, I’ll be waiting at the third step for you. I won’t promise that, this is just what I do, I’ll be there! Step up! Let’s roll.
Okay, moving on now.
How was this week? Man it was good! It truly was! I made some serious steps in progress! Made a few connect the dots in class, and moved new realizations into my little training garage!
My weightlifting goal is to lift and push around 114000kilograms in a year! Sounds like a big number, but, I think I’m going to hit that number faster than I figured! That’s a bridge we can cross at that point! Just one step in front of the other! Truly in one week, of not heavy trading heavy day brought me 13000kg. So, that’s that! The clean and press of 90kg it’s making progress. I do not want to hinder my actual Kung fu and hurt a shoulder or something silly, so it’s all about increments and getting that goal eventually! I’m sitting steady at 20reps at 30kg! And I will get there! It’d be great to hit that goal by summer, we shall see!
The old three strikes in a second! Progress! So much so, that I’ve slowed everything down and have gone back to ensuring stances, alignment, clean techniques. I can hit my goal of three solid jabs in a second! I worked on “getting there and speed” long enough for now, I feel. The way I see it, my opponent may be moving back, away from me, so I must continue to work a plausible way to advance and attack, without throwing all caution to the wind! Still stay inside their space, Cool! Challenge accepted!
Escrimas! How can’t you love these little whooping sticks!! Hahaha. Man I love them! Last few years I’ve “trained” with an assortment of weapons, I always come back to escrimas and straight up sticks! So basic, such a simple item, no hinges or such! Yet, so much to them. How they hum to you how they will tell a story! As every weapon will yeah they do, I’m just partial to escrimas and sticks! I have been injecting escrimas into stick form, work on some basics and it “feels good”! I’m liking it! There’s a couple of paces where I’m literally brick walled, but, I have one on ones booked! So yuppers!
Well, if I was a betting man, I’d put the house on that’s it for now!
Yuppers! That’s it....
Thanks for your time
Mr.Duncan
No comments:
Post a Comment